The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.alima-ngo.org recruitment, Alliance for International Medical Action Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Alliance for International Medical Action Jobs 2020, Alliance for International Medical Action Career Portal, Requirements for Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment 2020, Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)|
|Deadline||28th May, 2020|
Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 Alliance for International Medical Action Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.alima-ngo.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
The following positions are available at Alliance for International Medical Action. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Project Administrator – Nigeria – M / F
Location: Monguno, Borno
Overview / Context
- The humanitarian crisis in Nigeria’s northeast and the Lake Chad region is one of the most severe ongoing crises in the world, now entering in its ninth year and shows no sign of abating. In 2018, at least 7.7 million people are in need of humanitarian assistance in the worst affected states of Borno, Adamawa and Yobe, while more than 1.6 million people remained internally displaced in these three states in November 2017. 86% of internally displaced persons (IDPs) do not believe that the current context allows for a safe and dignified return, and nearly 1 in 4 IDPs have expressed their intent to settle in their current place of displacement instead of returning (OCHA HRP 2018).
- An estimated 440,000 children under the age of 5 are malnourished across the 3 most-affected States (HRP, February 2018), while 47% of them are in Borno State (207,521 SAM children, HPC Nutrition Figures, November 2017). Furthermore, The Nigerian Cadre Harmonisé (November 2017) states that in Borno State alone 1,575,414 individuals were facing critical food insecurity. The Maiduguri Metropolitan Center (MC) and Jere Local Government Authority (LGA) are still categorized as “in food crisis” by the IPC (Integrated Food Security Phase Classification).
- In 2017, ALIMA continued to implement projects in Muna Garage in Jere LGA, where ALIMA performs general consultations for children under 5 and provides Sexual and Reproductive Health (SRH) to pregnant and lactating women (antenatal and postnatal consultations). ALIMA partners with UNFPA to manage victims of sexual and gender-based violence (SGBV). An Outpatient Therapeutic Feeding Program (OTP) is also available for children under 5 suffering from severe acute malnutrition (SAM) in the clinic, where women and caretakers are trained to screen their children for malnutrition using the MUAC tape.
- In Maiduguri MC, where ALIMA is working in partnership with the University of Maiduguri Teaching Hospital (UMTH), the Inpatient Therapeutic Feeding Center (ITFC) manages children under 5 suffering from SAM with medical complications in a 30-bed capacity building.
- In the same way, ALIMA has continued working in Monguno in 2017 in 5 IDP camps (GGSS, GSSS, GDSS, Kuya, and Waterboard), in local host communities (Gana Ali, Abari, Bakassi) and in the Maternal and Child Health Center (MCH). In Monguno, ALIMA was the lead agency for the nutrition sector. In the IDP camps and in the host communities, ALIMA delivers primary health care and OTP to children under 5. In the MCH, ALIMA provides sexual and reproductive care including Basic Emergency Obstetric and Newborn care. Based in Monguno, a rapid response team conducted an emergency intervention in Baga and Doro towns (Kukawa LGA) in November 2017 to provide emergency OPD, OTP and SRH in 2 sites. The emergency team also responded to cholera outbreak from August to November 2017 in Maiduguri and Monguno, joining its efforts and coordinating its actions with the State Ministry of Health and partners
- In January 2018, ALIMA in partnership with Borno state government via ministry of rehabilitation, Ministry of Health and Hospital management board start the 3 years early recovery project funded by DEU and will be implemented in 4 LGA, Askira-Uba, Hawul, Ngala and Monguno focusing on strengthness of health staff capacity and rehabilitation of hospital and PHC.
- ALIMA’s teams in Nigeria represents 324 National staff and 35 expatriates.
Mission And Main Activities
- The main function of the Project Administrator is to put in place the component parts of the resource management system.
- He/she is responsible for managing the staff administration (contracts, employees’ files, work attendance, payroll), controlling spending commitments against the procedures of the association, monitoring the financial means raised for the project (expenditure monitoring, accounting, budget monitoring and review, follow-up of tables of allocations per donor), as well as implementing financial and HR management tools.
- The project Administrator reports directly to the Project Coordinator, and to the administrative team in the Coordination (technical referents: HRCO and FINCO).
- He/She supervises an administrative assistant.
- Under his/her various areas of responsibility, the Project Administrator will be in charge of ensuring:
- Compliance with the ALIMA rules and procedures applicable to the country,
- Smooth functional organization of the project resources,
- Monitoring of the use of the resources (expenditure and spending commitments),
- Adequacy in terms of number, skills and allocation of human and administrative resources
- Advise the Project Coordinator on set up (org chart) and together with the HRCO, update the project’s organizational chart and job descriptions
- In close coordination with the Project Coordinator, the HRCO and the FINCO, calculate the HR operational needs and the associated budget in order to efficiently ensure the required sizing and capabilities of the mission and to facilitate budget following-up
- Ensure hiring, carry out amendments and contract termination formalities for employees at project level, according to labour local laws, archiving and updating individual employee files, informing them on their rights and preparing all mandatory tax declarations, in order to ensure legal compliance
- Assist the Project Coordinator, and/or team leaders and supervisors to draw up annual holiday planning and staff shifts in order to forecast HR needs and to ensure HR availability for the project activities
- Supervise/perform payroll procedures, ensuring that all data related to monthly salary calculation of national employees of the project are correctly entered in Homere (days off, unpaid leaves, sick leaves, overtime, salary advance, etc.), in order to ensure on time and accurate salary payments
- Under supervision of the HRCO, ensure indexation process of national staff salary grids in order to ensure internal equity, cost-of-living adjustments and the correct application of employment conditions in the project sites
- Support, in close coordination with the HRCO an PC, the project line managers in detecting training needs, in properly evaluating people performance and in potential identification, in order to improve people capabilities, and their end results contribution to mission goals
- Follow up all movements and/or accommodation of staff in the Project
- Implement circuits and workflows (management of cash boxes, transfers, advances, purchase procedures, payment validations, follow up of regular payments, bank conciliation) in order to anticipate expenses at project level and to optimize cash needs and its security
- Implement and supervise transactional procedures and systems in order to ensure transparent accounting practices and full documentary traceability (invoices, receipts, bank statements, etc.), following ALIMA guidelines and rules, and using the respective software in place
- Ensures that monthly accountancy closure is taking place and controlled, with due quality and on due time
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the FINCO, analyze and follow up the project budget, in order to ensure that funds are used according to funding contracts and to proposing corrective action
- Ensures all HR, Administrative and Financial reporting of the Project (Homere and SAGA monthly closure, sitreps, etc.
- Plan and supervise, in close coordination with the HRCO, the associated processes (recruitment, training/induction, evaluation, potential detection, development and communication) of the staff under his/her responsibility in order to ensure both the sizing and the amount of knowledge required
- Together with the Project Coordinator, support the line managers in implementing the internal communication policies in order to boost staff active participation and ALIMA commitment
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and the HRCO, applies the administrative procedures part of any Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) in force between local partners (e.g. Ministry of Heath, etc.) and ALIMA
- In close collaboration with the Project Coordinator and HRCO, looks for the best options to avoid and/or solve possible labour conflicts in the project
Requirements, Experience And Skills
- University degree in Finance, Administration, and Human Resources
- Team management and supervision skills
- Perfect knowledge of MS Office package, especially Excel & Word
- Knowledge of Saga (Finance software) & Homere (HR software) is an asset
- Rigorous, stress resistant and good adaptation capacity
- Minimum 3-year experience in Finance & HR management (project with around 170 staff)
- Experience with medical international NGO, an asset
- Experience in a similar position for at least 2 years.
- Strong interpersonal skills, teamwork.
- Flexible, patient and adaptable to a changing environment.
- Ability to work under pressure with numerous deadlines, etc.
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work on own initiative and adaptable to changing needs and situations
- Contract term: contract under French law, 6 months’ renewable.
- Salary: depending on experience, + per diem
ALIMA pays for:
- Travel costs between the expatriate’s country of origin and the mission location
- Accommodation costs
- Medical cover from the first day of the contract to a month after the date of departure from the mission country for the employee
- Evacuation of the employee.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Applications are processed in the order of arrival and we reserve the right to close the offer before the term initially indicated if a good application is successful.
- Only full applications (CV + answer to questions) will be taken into account
Application Deadline 28th May, 2020.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Alliance for International Medical Action Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Alliance for International Medical Action recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Alliance for International Medical Action may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruitment 2019/2020||May 27, 2020||9th June, 2020|
|United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||5th June, 2020|
|Plan International Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||7th June, 2020|
|Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||31st May, 2020|
|Edo State College of Agriculture and Natural Resources Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||4th June, 2020|
|Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Recruitment 2019/2020||May 25, 2020||1st June, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Alliance for International Medical Action Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: