The Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.gatesfoundation.org recruitment, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Jobs 2020, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Career Portal, Requirements for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment 2020, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation|
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.gatesfoundation.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation – Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. In developing countries, it focuses on improving people’s health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to ensure that all people- especially those with the fewest resources – have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life. Based in Seattle, the foundation is led by CEO Sue Desmond-Hellmann and co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett.
The following positions are available at Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Explore for your position of choice and then apply it according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Senior Program Officer – Health Financing
Ref No: B014671
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Job Type: Full time
- The Senior Program Officer (SPO), Health Financing, will conceive, develop and manage a complex portfolio of grants and technical assistance at the federal level and in selected states to improve health outcomes in Nigeria.
- This will be done specifically through supporting interventions that accelerate the implementation of the foundation’s health financing strategy: to support the Government of Nigeria and its partners to design and implement health financing interventions to achieve sustainable financing of primary health care (PHC) services.
- The foundation focuses on supporting the achievement of SDG 2, 3 and 5, and accelerating human capital development in Nigeria by improving outcomes in health, nutrition, financial inclusion, agricultural development and gender equality.
- The foundation’s health strategy in Nigeria is underpinned by an emphasis on accelerated deployment of the health systems approach, to improve the performance of PHC, and thereby increase and sustain effective and equitable coverage of essential PHC services and accelerate reductions in maternal and child mortality.
- The SPO will work closely with government, private sector, and civil society partners to catalyze these efforts. This will involve development, testing and scale-up of high impact and cost-effective solutions in selected areas to drive results and influence scale across Nigeria and potentially other similar contexts within the region and Africa.
- This role reports to the Deputy Director (DD), Health, Nutrition, and Eradication in the Nigeria Country Office (NCO).
Duties and Responsibilities
- Co-develop and implement a health care financing (HCF) strategy for Nigeria under the leadership of the Deputy Director and in partnership with other NCO health staff, Seattle-based program strategy teams (PSTs) and the Global Policy and Advocacy (GPA) team. This strategy will explore support for levels of policy, planning, institutional strengthening, and sustainable financing using public and private sector perspectives.
- Represent the foundation at HCF meetings, platforms, and working groups at state and federal levels.
- Provide and guidance to key government agencies and partners in the development of achievable, measurable plans and objectives for implementation of innovative health financing options in Nigeria.
- Lead partnerships and grantee relationships to ensure learning and impact by conducting site visits, convening meetings of key stakeholders, monitoring and evaluating components of grants, etc.
- Identify, negotiate, execute and monitor complex, performance-based contracts/grants to operationalize the foundation’s HCF strategy in Nigeria. Increase the foundation’s engagement in implementation of national health financing reform initiatives such as Basic Health Care Provision Fund (BHCPF) and other health financing work in Nigeria.
- Collaborate with state government officials, foundation grantees/implementing partners, and other stakeholders (e.g. development partners) in driving implementation of national and sub-national HCF strategies to strengthen PHC systems.
- Serve as a senior member of the NCO health team, acting as a technical resource on Nigeria HCF issues for foundation working groups and colleagues. Support foundation grantees in design and execution of projects and initiatives to ensure integration of health financing with other approaches to strengthen PHC health systems.
Leadership and Culture:
- We believe that energized people, working well together, fueled by great leadership in an inclusive environment in which they thrive, will do phenomenal things.
Core Knowledge and Skills:
- 10+ years of relevant work experience in health financing and health economics in African settings; 7+ years in a low-income country context.
- Track record of analytical/diagnostic work: preparing high-quality technical reports, policy briefing materials, and presentations to influence health financing policy decision making and implementation at national and sub-national levels.
- Experience in the use of diagnostics and other decision tools to improve quality, effectiveness and cost-effectiveness of care. Track record of building strong relationships with implementing partners, donors, and officials at all levels of government.
- Deep understanding of the Nigerian health system and of federal and state health policy, with on-the-ground experience in northern Nigeria in particular.
- Manages complexity and ambiguity effectively: demonstrated ability to work with flexibility, efficiency, and diplomacy in a complex, fast-paced environment both in Nigeria and with foundation headquarters (Seattle).
- Effective communicator: Develops and delivers communications that convey complex situations in a clear and concise manner with a broad and diverse audience.
- Comfortable in a wide range of cultural, geographic and operational situations, demonstrating culturally sensitive behaviour with a diverse range of people.
- Able to travel up to 40% domestically and internationally.
- Deep experience with large-scale health systems strengthening interventions.
- Significant experience in strategic planning, organizational development, change facilitation and process management in the health sector.
- Demonstrated commitment to the foundation’s core values, mission, and programs and to serving our grantees and the people of Nigeria.
Education and Experience
- Master’s Degree in Health Economics, Economics, or Public Health with a Health Financing focus. A PhD in health financing is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2019/2020||August 6, 2020||19th August, 2020|
|National Agency for the Control of AIDS (NACA) Recruitment 2019/2020||August 6, 2020||17th August, 2020|
|Federal Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development Recruitment 2019/2020||August 5, 2020||3rd September 2020|
|National Identity Management Commission (NIMC) Recruitment 2019/2020||August 5, 2020||18th August, 2020|
|Mantrac Nigeria Limited – CAT Recruitment 2019/2020||August 4, 2020||7th August, 2020|
|Solidarites International Recruitment 2019/2020||August 4, 2020||9th August, 2020.|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: