The British Council Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.britishcouncil.org.ng recruitment, British Council Vacancies 2020 Application Form, British Council Jobs 2020, British Council Career Portal, Requirements for British Council Recruitment 2020, British Council Recruitment Portal.
|Deadline||23rd March, 2020|
British Council Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 British Council Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.britishcouncil.org.ng.
Available Job Positions & Details
The British Council is the UK’s international organisation for cultural relations and educational opportunities. We create friendly knowledge and understanding between the people of the UK and other countries. We do this by making a positive contribution to the UK and the countries we work with – changing lives by creating opportunities, building connections and engendering trust.
We work with over 100 countries across the world in the fields of arts and culture, English language, education and civil society. Each year we reach over 20 million people face-to-face and more than 500 million people online, via broadcasts and publications. Founded in 1934, we are a UK charity governed by Royal Charter and a UK public body.
The following positions are available at British Council. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Exams Venue Staff – Invigilator
Role Type: Business Delivery
Pay Band: N/A
Duration: 2 Years Freelance Contract
Department: English & Exams
Job Category: Exams
- As an Invigilator, you will be part of a wider team of exams venue staff expected to support the delivery of a variety of tests and other activities in various locations.
- You will be required to work very closely with British Council Examinations Services staff, other venue staff and venue service providers to ensure the test days run smoothly.
- To ensure that any test administered by the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited runs smoothly on the test day/s and that all assigned test day duties and standards are met.
Geopolitical / SBU / Function overview
- The English and Examinations Strategic Business Unit (E&E) is one of three strategic business units in the British Council (the others being Arts and Education & Society) all of which have the remit to build trust for the people of the UK by building relationships through aspects of our language and culture.
- E&E achieves this by enabling people across the world to access the life-changing education and work opportunities that are created by learning English or gaining valuable UK qualifications.
- Promoting the English language also provides a medium for communication, helping break down barriers of misunderstanding or mistrust between cultures.
- The British Council’s 2020 vision for English & Examinations is to be the world authority in high quality English language teaching, learning and assessment, as well as the International distributor of choice for UK professional and school qualifications. The Examinations business makes a significant contribution to British Council financial sustainability, and as such, it is essential that the business evolves in order to maintain its position in a fast-changing operating context.
- There is a need to standardise and automate activities across the globe to deliver efficiencies, and there is also a requirement to develop new digital products and services to meet changing customer demands and competitive pressures.
- In a cost and resource-constrained environment, balancing the on-going requirements and allocation of funds will be critical, as will the integration and planning of the implementation of the different changes across a global network of 110+ countries charged with the on-going delivery of impact and income whilst changing key elements of the supporting operational platform.
Main opportunities / challenges for this role
- Deliver exams in a highly regulated environment to a high quality of delivery and customer service.
- Experienced staff can grow into supervisory roles
- Successful candidate is expected to have access to and use his/her own internet and email for communication with British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited.
- You will be accountable for maintaining the integrity and reputation of the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited and the various examination boards by ensuring that tests are delivered to prescribed standards for customer service, security and administration. You will also be accountable for promoting a positive image of the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited by providing a high standard of customer care on the test day.
- Report promptly to test venue at agreed time. In case of any delays or if unable to get to the test venue, inform the appropriate test day or British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited Exams Operations staff in a timely manner.
- Follow all relevant standards & procedures, based on training and reference materials provided by the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited Examinations Services and the relevant Exam Boards.
- Be familiar with the emergency procedures for the test day venue.
- Invigilate examinations to the standard required by the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited Examinations Service and the relevant Exams Boards.
- Actively monitor candidates during tests to make sure that there is no violation of test conditions.
- Support the supervisor to ensure that candidates have a positive and consistent test day experience and a positive image of the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited
- Ensure all material is accounted for and handed over securely to the supervisor.
- Complete and maintain accurate records of exam assignments. Complete all reports, logs and claims accurately as required by British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited Examinations Services.
- Follow all relevant guidelines and policies in the areas of: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, and Anti-Fraud.
- Report any incidents, emergencies or breaches of security to the appropriate test day supervisor.
- Work with the test day supervisor to promote and ensure the wellbeing of candidates at all time. In case of emergencies, follow correct procedures.
- Additional duties in line with the role may be required.
- Enable good customer flow by giving candidates clear direction and answering their enquiries.
- Ensure that candidates follow the agreed exam procedures regarding the location and security of their belongings.
- Conduct candidate entry, exit, identity checks and Test Day Photography procedures according to exam requirements.
- Ensure special arrangements are provided as required.
Training and development:
- Attend all briefing and training sessions as requested by the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited Examinations Services Centre.
- Complete all mandatory training modules: Data Protection, Child Protection, Health & Safety, Equal Opportunities and Diversity, Anti-Fraud, Identity Checks as required.
Other important features or requirements of the job:
- Some invigilators may be required to travel, including overnight stays. The majority will not have this requirement. During the recruitment process you will be asked to indicate your willingness to travel.
- You are required to be very vigilant when observing candidates; to watch and hear what is going on in the exams room.
- Although there may not be a prescribed uniform for your role, while carrying out your duties, you must always be dressed in line with the cultural expectations of the country you are working in and your position in accordance with your role as representing the British Council Trading Services (Nigeria) Limited. However, it is recommended that you wear soft comfortable shoes. Noisy shoes and distracting jewelry are not permitted.
- Supervisors, Resourcing and Deployment Team, Exams Operations Team, CMR and Logistics Team, Head of Operations, Business and Development Team
- Examination candidates, School Principals, Coordinators and staffs, enquirers, Customer Service staff, preparation course teachers, Exam Boards, Venue Managers.
Threshold requirements: Assessment stage Passport requirements/ Right to work in country:
- Must be able to legally work in the country of appointment and provide evidence of a Tax Identification Number.
Direct contact or managing staff working with children?:
- Yes. IF YES. Appropriate police check.
Language requirements (Minimum / essential):
- English language level of CEFR B1 (Listening, Speaking, Reading, Writing skills) or equivalent (eg Cambridge English PET, IELTS 5)
- National or international certification or testing will be completed as part of the recruitment and selection process
Minimum / essential:
- Completed secondary education to ‘O’ level standard or equivalent or (Minimum of 5credits (English compulsory) in WAEC / NECO / GCE at a minimum of 2 seatings.
- University degree in any subject
Role Specific Knowledge & Experience
Minimum / essential:
- Customer Service: experience of responding to children/ young adults and parents’ needs (as customers) in a professional manner, to a high level of quality.
- Awareness of safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children.
- Shortlisting AND Interview
Role Specific Skills (if any):
- N /A
- Shortlisting AND Interview
British Council Core Skills
- Using technology level 1: Operates as a basic user of information systems, digital and office technology. Able to use British Council systems and software, and the internet, to do the job and manage documents or processes.
- Planning and organising level 1: Is methodical. Able to plan own work over short timescales for routine or familiar tasks and processes. Has a good attention to detail. Is punctual and reliable.
- Communications in English level 1: Communicates clearly and effectively. Listens to others and expresses self clearly, with grammatical accuracy and awareness of a diverse audience in speaking and writing.
- Shortlisting AND Interview
British Council Behaviours
Being accountable (Essential):
- Giving constructive feedback to others in a way they can understand and accept.
Working together (Essential):
- Works well with others, is approachable and flexible.
Conditions of your contract
- You will be paid as per the terms and conditions of your contract.
- You may be required to work weekends (Saturdays and/or Sundays), public holidays, extended hours in the early morning or late evening, as this is when many examinations take place.
- You must have the flexibility to work beyond the prior agreed work schedule. DBS checks or local equivalent required.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 23rd March, 2020.
- Short-listing is carried out against the essential knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience as specified in the Role Profile which accompanies this. Were required, desirable skills can also be used.
- If you are interested in the post and feel that you are suitable for the role, then we would really like to hear from you.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the British Council Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest British Council Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum British Council Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for British Council Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for British Council Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent British Council Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|British Council Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|British Council Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include British Council recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though British Council may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2019/2020||March 27, 2020||9th April, 2020|
|Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||March 27, 2020||8th April, 2020|
|ActionAid Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||March 27, 2020||6th April, 2020|
|Microsoft Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||March 25, 2020||Not Specified|
|Virgin Industries Recruitment 2019/2020||March 25, 2020||30th April, 2020|
|KPMG Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||March 25, 2020||Not Specified|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the British Council Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: