CARE International Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.care-international.org recruitment, CARE International Vacancies 2020 Application Form, CARE International Jobs 2020, CARE International Career Portal, Requirements for CARE International Recruitment 2020, CARE International Recruitment Portal.
|Deadline||15th December 2019|
CARE International Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 CARE International Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.care-international.org.
Available Job Positions & Details
CARE International is a global leader within a worldwide movement dedicated to saving lives and ending poverty. We work in over 94 countries around the world to provide over 1000 poverty-fighting development and humanitarian aid projects.
The following positions are available at CARE International. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Project Manager (ECHO-GBV)
Location: Ngala and Bama LGA, Borno State (1 per location)
Position Type: Regular
Slot: 2 Openings
- The Project Manager ECHO (PM) is responsible for managing CARE’s ECHO grant on Protection and prevention of GBV interventions in Borno state.
- Project Manager is responsible for managing all management aspects of ECHO grants, including Human Resource Management of staff assigned to the project, planning and timely and quality implementation of initiatives in line with approved proposals and work plans, financial management of grants in line with approved budgets, overall compliance of initiatives in line with organizational and specific donor rules and regulations, management of assets assigned to the initiatives, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, relationship management and coordination with other stakeholders.
The core areas of performance for this position are:
- Supervisory efficiency
- Quality and timeliness of project implementation;
- Implementation of policies and procedures;
- Maintenance of relationships;
- Communication and interpersonal skills
Responsibilities and Tasks
Management of ECHO grants:
- Drawing from the objectives and agreed upon key activities in the project proposals, develop detailed quarterly implementation plans and related budgets while ensuring synergies among Protection related projects.
- Responsible for monitoring the ECHO budgets, reviewing monthly expenditure reports and ensuring budgets are used in accordance with CARE’s and ECHO’s rules and regulations. This involves planning and designing activities in ways that fit the available budgets, working closely with finance to prepare accurate and timely donor financial reports and ensuring allocation of expenses to the right grant and the right budget lines, preparing quarterly projection of needed funds, pipeline projections, recommending and preparing budget revisions if and when needed, etc.
- Responsible for preparing procurement plans for all goods and services related to these initiatives, according to approved budgets and activity plans and in line with both CARE and ECHOs’ procurement rules and policies
- Ensure DIPs (Detailed Implementation Plans) are followed and closely monitored the grant to ensure timely implementation of activities and within available resources and immediately report any problems or deviations from plans;
- Ensure logistics for all training and capacity building and other events have been prepared and organized in line with CARE’s & ECHOs’ procedures and to create the best possible environment and conditions for participants in these different events;
- Ongoing identification of staffing needs, recommends changes of staffing structure as needed and develops / adapts job descriptions as needed, ensure sound and comprehensive orientation of new staff;
% of Time: 50%:
Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) and Reporting of ECHO grants:
- Ensure indicators in the approved results and logical framework sections of the single forms (Proposal) are tracked and closely monitored in line with ECHO’s guidelines for M&E and menu of indicators;
- Coordinate joint M&E activities, particularly the base and end lines and ensure the selected indicators relating to project components are collected.
- Ensure beneficiary feedback is part and parcel of the ECHO grants MEAL systems so that participants views on the programs’ relevance and success are regularly collected and analyzed;
- Ensure that project indicators are sex disaggregated and gender sensitive;
- Ensure each grant has a database to allow keeping track of project participants in each component, without double counting across components;
- Ensure the project staff are trained on the developed monitoring and evaluation system and tools they are supposed to use for reporting purposes (including the GBV data system);
- Facilitate and document regular project reviews with CARE team and ensure these reviews inform project implementation and are used to improve project quality;
- Writes and support direct reports to write briefs, human interest stories and papers that can be used for advocacy or information purposes;
% of Time: 20%:
Management of relationships with external stakeholders:
- Lead or support GBV/ Protection assessments, including interpretation of indicators, and support to cluster and or other inter-agency processes.
- Proactively link the protection and other activities with key project sectors such as FSL and Sexual and reproductive health and project of CARE
- Responsible for carrying out relevant advocacy, coordination and external representation activities with other NGOs, UN agencies, donors
% of Time: 10%:
- Direct supervision of staff assigned to ECHO grants, which includes development of annual performance objectives and proactive management of performance through day to day guidance and coaching, formal mid-term and annual performance reviews and support to staff to achieve their personal and professional development objectives.
- Develop, update and record job descriptions for Project staff, which clearly outline the roles and responsibilities of staff.
- Work with line management and HR/Administration section in recruitment process of project positions including short-term consultants and daily wagers as per CARE Nigeria HR policies.
- Ensure that all staff clearly understands their roles and responsibilities and ensure ongoing staff performance monitoring and provide constructive feedback to staff in line with CARE Nigeria Performance management procedures.
% of Time: 10%:
Perform other duties as assigned – Not limited only to:
- Participate in the development of new projects
- Organize, Conduct or facilitate trainings
- Participate in the development of budgets and expenditure plans.
- Carry out any other duties and responsibilities which may be assigned by the management from time to time
% of Time: 10%
- There are three levels of problem-solving:
- What has to be done and how to do it are clearly defined, and the incumbent will face identical or similar problems on a regular basis;
- What has to be done is known, but how to do it is not defined. The incumbent must use interpolative skills to pick and choose the right strategy to address a given problem; and
- Why things are done is known, but what has to be done and how to do it are not defined.
- Situations are variable and the incumbent’s response will involve analysis, problem definition, development of alternatives, and making recommendations. She will face and address problems that are typically non-recurring.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Gender studies or related field
- Expert level knowledge and at least five years practical experience in Gender in Emergencies programming, preferably GBV experience and Portection with refugee and / or displaced populations;
- People manager with proven experience managing diverse teams and individuals’ performance for success,
- Strong relationship building skills and ability to work in complex environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in English.
- Computer literate (email, word processing, spreadsheets,)
- Personally committed to gender equality and women and girls’ empowerment with ability to lead to organizational change processes that aim at making organizations more gender aware, gender committed and gender competent.
- Both a team player as well as able to work independently with minimum supervision.
- Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Anthropology, Gender studies or related field
- Training in project planning, monitoring and evaluation is an asset
- At least 3 years management of institutional donors’ grants like EU, USG, and ECHO grants management experience strongly preferred;
- Advanced knowledge and at least 3 years of proven practical project management experience (managing at least three different grants at once), including strong skills and experience in M&E, report writing, participatory planning, financial management, Human Resource Management.
- Experience working for refugees and / or displaced populations in an international NGO is desirable.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Ability to speak Hausa, Kanuri and Shua
- Stress tolerance
- Proactive problem solving
- Contributing to team success
- Managing work
- Building partnerships
- Communicating with impact
- Initiating action
- Information monitoring
- Strong knowledge on Do No Harm and commitment to humanitarian principles
- Exemplary customer service and people skills
- Leadership abilities that have been proven in small and large scale arenas
- Problem solving skills that lead to feasible resolutions for the future
- Ability to organize large scale projects or departments
Freedom to Act:
- Responsibility: Is the incumbent the PRIME (takes full and total responsibility); CONTRIBUTORY (provides support and contributes to the overall success); or ANCILLARY (provides support but contributes indirectly to the overall success.
- General Accountability: What types of decisions can the jobholder make without prior approval? Are they Prime, Shared, Contributory or Ancillary to decisions made?
- Shared: Does this position have complete autonomy in determining staffing of area of responsibility? – NO
- Finacnial Accountability: Impact: What is the impact of financial decisions on the organization, department or work unit? Magnitude: What is the size and importance of the area affected by the job – non-quantifiable, small, medium, or large?
- Accountable for the respect of procedures.
- Internal: Project Manager, Community Engagement Officer, M&E Officer, Finance Staff, Sub-office Team, Logistics, Project and Program Managers, SMT.
- External: Health District Executive Team, FOSA providers, community facilitators, Utility providers, other Service Providers.
70% in the field and 30% off the office:
- The position is based in the LGA. A significant amount of time (at least 70%) is expected to be spent in the project locations and liaising with partners, local government and other stakeholders within the area of operations.
- It is essential that you maintain a close effective presence in the field to ensure proper management supervision guidance and leadership on field activities. However, you will be required to travel to Abuja and elsewhere, from time to time for meetings, training events, etc
Deadline: 15th December 2019.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using the “Job title” as subject of the email.
- Save your Application and CV with your name before attaching it
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- CARE International in Nigeria, is an equal -opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of national origin, religion, and race. Qualified women especially are encouraged to apply.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the CARE International Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest CARE International Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum CARE International Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for CARE International Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for CARE International Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent CARE International Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|CARE International Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|CARE International Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include CARE International recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though CARE International may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Asharami Energy Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||January 21, 2020||4th February, 2020|
|Etihad Airways Recruitment 2019/2020||January 21, 2020||Not Specified|
|Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Recruitment 2019/2020||January 20, 2020||27th January, 2020|
|Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||January 20, 2020||Not Specified|
|Medecins Sans Frontieres (MSF) Recruitment 2019/2020||January 20, 2020||29th January, 2020|
|Independent Corrupt Practices and Other Related Offences Commission (ICPC) Recruitment 2019/2020||January 20, 2020||30th January, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the CARE International Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: