The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.drc.ngo recruitment, Danish Refugee Council Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Danish Refugee Council Jobs 2020, Danish Refugee Council Career Portal, Requirements for Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2020, Danish Refugee Council Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||Danish Refugee Council (DRC)|
|Deadline||20th July, 2020|
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 Danish Refugee Council Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.drc.ngo.
Available Job Positions & Details
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
The following positions are available at Danish Refugee Council. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Area Programme Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Contract type: Expatkontrakt
- DRC is looking for a driven, pro-active and innovative Area Programme Manager (APM) who can take on responsibility for a broad range of interesting emergency and stabilization/recovery programmes.
- This role will be crucial in the delivery of DRC’s integrated emergency response packages, engaging actively with and managing cross-sectorial activities with the DRC Protection, Livelihood, WASH/Shelter, Food Security and M&E teams.
- The duty station will be Maiduguri (Borno State), where the Program Manager will supervise and coordinate a range of activities across rapid emergency response to first and second line emergency response, through towards stabilization and recovery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure effective community engagement and safety analysis for responses according to needs identified in protection, Food security, WASH/Shelter, Protection and M&E, while linking with other sectors within DRC (AVR/MRE and NTS);
- Ensure appropriate selection of beneficiaries or areas to be targeted following technical methodologies defined by relevant Coordinators and with the agreement/support of local communities.
- Livelihood: SME development, Cash Transfer, Community based agriculture production and poultry farming.
- Protection: identification/referral/follow-up of cases with specific vulnerabilities, trainings on protection mainstreaming, community-based protection initiative.
- Ensure appropriate M&E support is provided to the programme
- Work closely with all the supports teams in Maiduguri and Yobe base level (Logistics, Procurement, HR and Finance) to ensure that the required means are available on time to implement activities following established work plan.
- Be the focal point for interacting with other programs/activities implemented in Borno and Yobe State level;
- Liaise with the Protection Coordinator, WASH/Shelter- Coordinator, Livelihoods Coordinator, Food Security Coordinator and M&E Coordinator to get required technical inputs to match good quality standards for the respective activities under his/her responsibility.
- Ensure appropriate implementation of the activities in the four (4) sectors under his/her responsibility:
- Food Security: general food distribution and blanket supplementary feeding program.
- WASH/Shelter: water points and sanitation facilities construction and operational maintenance, hygiene Kits’ distribution and hygiene promotion.
- Line manage national staff, conducting performance reviews, setting objectives and ensuring expected performance criteria are met;
- Adapt the team structure according to needs, resources and capacities if required, with support of technical coordinators as required.
- Ensure high quality project implementation in accordance with donor and DRC regulations as well as in line with agreed log frames/indicators, budgets, procurement plans, and work plans;
- Review BFUs regarding activities/projects under his/her responsibility and check the good budget allocation of the related costs. Update Budget tracking tools and update the area Managers on burn-rate with clear work plans to the end of the Project
- Develop job descriptions and recruit qualified staff (national) for the relevant position under Programme sector
- Ensure monthly program review with Area Managers and Coordinator in terms of Budget (BFU/TDL), activity plan review, lesson learnt including planning forecast for the next period
- Attend coordination meetings in Maiduguri and Yobe as necessary or specified by the Area Manager and Coordinators.
- Pro-actively coordinate with other NGOs working in areas of intervention in Borno and Yobe State
- Support field staff to develop contacts and coordinate closely with stakeholders including local authorities, security actors, community representatives and CBOs where relevant to establish supportive networks and channels of communication.
Safety, Access and Logistics:
- Work closely with the Safety Unit to share local contacts, to ensure appropriate security plans for field missions are in place, and to discuss support needs for new areas of intervention;
- Develop contact networks in area of operation for coordination on alerts, assessments and responses;
- Contribute to Access and Safety SOPs;
To be successful in this role, the candidate is expected to be honest, strongly motivated and display a high standard of integrity in humanitarian work, disciplined and team-oriented
- Minimum 5 years of working experience in Managing program in humanitarian context and experience in complex emergencies and high-security environments
- Solid experience in staff management in a cross-cultural environment required
- Strong experience in conducting large scale distributions in remote locations with limited humanitarian presence
- Proven ability to build external relationships with diplomacy, tact and professionalism in a complex and demanding environment.
- Proficiency in common computer packages and financial software i.e. Word, Excel, Power point etc.
- Must show ability to work in an isolated and challenging environment.
- Strong reporting, report-writing and assessment skills.
- Experience of access management in a high-security context, demonstrated ability to liaise with a variety of stakeholders in a professional and adaptive manner, including security actors and local authorities.
- Working experiences with at least 3 of the 4 sectors to be covered by the position (Food Security, WASH/Shelter, Livelihood and Protection).
- Master degree in Social Sciences or in any of the technical sectors to be covered by this position (internal development, Food Security, WASH, Shelter & NFIs and Protection).
- Previous working experience as Program Manager for multiple sector
- Fluent written and spoken English
- Understanding of Nigerian context and local dynamics is desirable
- Availability: ASAP
- Duty station: non-family
- Position: unaccompanied
- Length of the assignment : 12 months
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment. The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The position is for Internationals/Expatriates Only.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “the Recruitment Manager”
- Applications can be sent through email to [email protected] Please note: The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- NB: DRC-DDG Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator
Application Deadline 20th July, 2020.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Danish Refugee Council Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Danish Refugee Council Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Danish Refugee Council Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|Danish Refugee Council Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Danish Refugee Council Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Danish Refugee Council recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Danish Refugee Council may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Merit Telecoms (NIG) Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||14th July, 2020|
|Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||1st April, 2020|
|KPMG Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||Not Specified|
|Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||8th July, 2020|
|United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||5th August, 2020.|
|West African Health Organisation (WAHO) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||30th July, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Danish Refugee Council Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: