The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.icrc.org recruitment, International Committee of the Red Cross Vacancies 2020 Application Form, International Committee of the Red Cross Jobs 2020, International Committee of the Red Cross Career Portal, Requirements for International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2020, International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)|
International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 International Committee of the Red Cross Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.icrc.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles. Established in 1863, the ICRC is at the origin of the Geneva Conventions and the International Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement. It directs and coordinates the international activities conducted by the Movement in armed conflicts and other situations of violence.
The following positions are available at International Committee of the Red Cross. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Traineeship in the International Review of the Red Cross’ Unit
Contract type: Traineeship
Reports to (role): The Managing Editor of the Review
Produced by the ICRC and published by Cambridge University Press, the International Review of the Red Cross is a specialized peer-reviewed journal dedicated to international humanitarian law, policy and action. It is published three times per year and its principal audience includes governments, international governmental and non-governmental organisations, universities, the media and all those interested in humanitarian issues at large. The Review consists of a small team of four people within the Department of Law and Policy of the International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC): The Editor-in-Chief, the Managing Editor, the Thematic Editor and the Associate/Editorial Assistant. In addition, there are occasionally short-term academic trainees joining the team throughout the year for periods of 2-3 months each in exchange for course credit.
You will work closely with the Editor-in-Chief, Managing Editor and Thematic Editor in the evaluation of future themes for issues of the Review, assessment, editing and research related to submitted articles, and overall content management. You will also assist with the promotion and distribution of thematic editions of the Review. The staff of the Review is in regular interaction with ICRC’s Legal Division, as well as other divisions and departments, the ICRC’s Protection Division, Operations Department, and the Outreach & Policy Unit. You will assist the Review team in the conceptualization of the upcoming themes, contact authors, peer reviewers and the publisher, as well as conduct background research and substantive evaluation of articles
- Assistance to the Editor-in-Chief and the Managing Editor of the International Review of the Red Cross;
- Evaluation and editing of article submissions (checking the reasoning, arguments, structure and sources), including of submission dealing with topics of a legal nature;
- Substantial academic research as part of the editing process;
- Identification of potential authors and peer reviewers;
- responding to queries or dispatching them to the appropriate colleague;
- Engagement with authors, peer reviewers and publishers, in a diplomatic and politically astute manner, as an ambassador for the journal and the ICRC;
- Management of the team inbox, including acknowledging receipt of submissions and either responding to or dispatching queries;
- Interaction with both external and internal interlocutors on identifying potential topics to be covered in the Review and for commissioning articles. These include, but are not limited to: colleagues across the various units and departments in HQ, ICRC delegations, National Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies, beneficiaries, and professionals outside the ICRC.
- Preparation and co-conduct of interviews of key experts in the field of humanitarian law, policy and action for the Review;
- Management of book reviews for selected issues of the Review in collaboration with the Review’s Book Review editor;
- Assistance in the development of a promotion strategy for upcoming editions of the journal in close collaboration with other members of the editorial team and other units within the Law and Policy Department, the Outreach unit;
- Ad-hoc presentations on IHL to groups visiting the ICRC;
- Maintenance of administrative records such as journal stock and distribution lists.
A Master’s degree in law or international relations, preferably including a focus related to armed conflict studies.
For candidates to be eligible, they must have a maximum of one year’s professional experience after graduation or two years if they have been in previous internships, traineeships or similar positions.
- A demonstrated interest in humanitarian work, IHL and human rights;
- Previous editorial work experience (shortlisted candidates will be tested on their editorial and writing skills during the interviews);
- Initiative and capacity to work independently under minimal supervision;
- Excellent ability to work in a team;
- Excellent communication skills including strong writing abilities;
- Excellent organizational skills.
Excellent command of English with good French reading abilities
- Type of role: Traineeship
- Working rate: 100%
- Starting date: 01.09.2020
- Location: Geneva, Switzerland
- Length of assignment: 12 months
- Relocation: Not provided for traineeships
- Visa/permit: Legitimacy card provided
- Gross monthly salary: 3000 CHF
- Application deadline: 30.06.2020
- Application documents required: diplomas, work certificates, scan color of passport – please upload it on your profile
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should Click here to Apply
The ICRC values diversity and is committed to create an inclusive working environment. We welcome applications from all qualified candidates.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|International Committee of the Red Cross Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include International Committee of the Red Cross recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though International Committee of the Red Cross may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Merit Telecoms (NIG) Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||14th July, 2020|
|Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||1st April, 2020|
|KPMG Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||Not Specified|
|Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||8th July, 2020|
|United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||5th August, 2020.|
|West African Health Organisation (WAHO) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||30th July, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the International Committee of the Red Cross Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: