The University of Ibadan is the oldest degree awarding institution in Nigeria, and is located five miles from the centre of the major city of Ibadan in Western Nigeria. It is popularly known as Unibadan or UI.
Besides the College of Medicine, there are twelve other faculties: Arts, Science, Agriculture and Forestry, Renewable Natural Resources, Social Sciences, Education, Veterinary Medicine, Pharmacy, Technology, Law, Public Health, and Dentistry. A thirteenth, Economics, Environmental Design and Management, is proposed.
The university has residential and sports facilities for staff and students on campus, as well as separate botanical and zoological gardens. In September 2016, it became the first Nigerian university to make the top 1000 in Times Higher Education rankings. Prior to that, it had always made the top African 10 in Webometrics Rankings.
To be a world-class institution for academic excellence geared towards meeting societal needs.
- To expand the frontiers of knowledge through provision of excellent conditions for learning and research.
- To produce graduates who are worthy in character and sound judgement.
- To contribute to the transformation of society through creativity and innovation.
- To serve as a dynamic custodian of society’s salutary values and thus sustain its integrity.
- Undergraduates Studies
- Postgraduates Studies
- Distance Learning Centre
- Environmental Design and Management
- Renewable Natural Resources
- The Social Sciences
- Veterinary Medicine
- The Registry
- The Bursary
- Careers Placement and Counselling Unit
- Foreign Students Unit
- The Sports Council
- The Library
- The Computing Centre
- The Press
- The Bookshop
- The Botanical Garden
- The Zoological Garden
- University Media Centre, which houses the campus radio station, DIAMOND 101.1 FM.
- The Abadina Media Resource Centre
- Advancement Centre
- The University Health Services
- Works and Maintenance
- Academic Planning
- Internal Audit
- Gender Mainstreaming Office
- Institutes of African Studies
- Institute of Child Health
- Institute of Education
- Advanced Medical Research and Training
- Institute for Peace and Strategic Studies
- LES Institute of PAU
College of Medicine
- Basic Medical Sciences
- Clinical Sciences
- Public Health
- Email: [email protected]
- Address: Ibadan, Oyo State
- Telephone: (234-2) 810 11 00
- Website: http://www.ui.edu.ng
- E-mail: [email protected]
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: