The International Organization for Migration (IOM) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.nigeria.iom.int recruitment, International Organization for Migration Vacancies 2020 Application Form, International Organization for Migration Jobs 2020, International Organization for Migration Career Portal, Requirements for International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2020, International Organization for Migration Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||International Organization for Migration|
|Deadline||24th March, 2020|
International Organization for Migration (IOM) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 International Organization for Migration Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.nigeria.iom.int.
Available Job Positions & Details
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) – Established in 1951, IOM is the leading inter-governmental organization in the field of migration and works closely with governmental, intergovernmental and non-governmental partners. IOM is dedicated to promoting humane and orderly migration for the benefit of all. It does so by providing services and advice to governments and migrants.
The following positions are available at International Organization for Migration. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Information and Technology Officer
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Classification: Professional Staff, Grade P3
Type of Appointment: Special short-term graded, six months with possibility of extension
Estimated Start Date: As soon as possible
- Under the overall supervision of the Chief of Mission, the direct supervision of Senior Resources Management Officer (SRMO), and in close consultation with Information and Communications Technology (ICT) in Headquarters (HQs), the Regional Office (RO) in Dakar and Manila Information and Communications Technology (ICT) Service Centre, the successful candidate will be responsible for overseeing the implementation of Information Technology (IT) network and infrastructure projects in Nigeria, on relevant and effective technology to be used in accordance with IOM’s ICT standards and policies.
Core Functions / Responsibilities
- Coordinate with Logistic and ensure proper technical specification for purchase of IT related equipment and propose most suitable solutions including innovation, recommendations for improvement.
- Plan and supervise the installation, operation and administration of security for the various systems and network components including virus protection and Internet security. Make sure to use innovative approaches to ensure users are educated about phishing, Password Cracking, Malwares, and etc.
- Provide Backup and Disaster Recovery Plans for mission databases and Email data.
- Carry out analysis on the ITC equipment, design and develop a replacement policy for the ITC equipment for the Mission.
- Guide and lead the digitalization process of the mission filling system and propose cost-effective solutions for keeping the digital files.
- Lead and coordinate the serverless process for IOM Abuja and sub-offices.
- Develop and implement a ticketing system for IOM Nigeria for ITC issues and trouble shootings. Organize and administer user support services for all staff in Nigeria and ensure proper response time in troubleshooting and resolving of all IT related issues.
- Ensure IOM ITC standards are implemented in the mission and the compliance with the standard ensured. Develop and implement basic ITC procedures for operating and maintenance of IT equipment and with work with the Mission Asset tracker to properly assign the ITC equipment to users.
- Build relationships and liaise with local IT partners, suppliers and providers.
- Lead the IT support for all programmes by organizing activities and operations of ICT staff; support recruitment of local ICT staff and oversee the implementation of ICT projects.
- Propose, plan, design, implement and maintain an integrated mechanism for data and information management, including various in house and third-party applications across all mission activities to ensure most effective and efficient processes to deliver timely, accurate and reliable information for operational, monitoring and reporting purposes. As applicable, do not duplicate and integrate with corporate and central systems and reporting mechanisms.
- Champion and support the implementation of IOM corporate applications in field missions’ such as Migrant Management Operational Systems Application (MiMOSA), PRISM and others.
- Manage and maintain network WAN and LAN infrastructure, desktops and associated equipment in the IOM Nigeria Offices by providing technical advice to the country office and the sub-offices to maintain compliance with IOM standards.
- Ensure regularly and in close coordination with the SRMO that the budget planning is incorporated in project and mission budgets including IT staffing, infrastructure, replacement, upgrade, and maintenance needs.
- Train and supervise national IT staff in Nigeria Country Office including sub-offices.
- Monitor, propose and implement all necessary modifications in compliance with the information management systems and infrastructure as per IOM IT policies, standards and best practice for high performance, reliability and information security.
Required Qualifications and Experience
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Mathematics, Statistics, Electrical Engineering or a related field from an accredited academic institution with five years of relevant professional experience; or
- University degree in the above fields with seven years of relevant professional experience.
- Cisco devices, VPN, VoIP, MS Office, Antivirus Software and utilities; holder of CCNA and/or a Microsoft Certification a distinct advantage;
- Knowledge of IT Service Management frameworks such as ITIL, COBIT;
- Knowledge of Software & Systems Development Life Cycle and experience in managing applications development and/or support teams.
- Progressively responsible experience in planning, design, development, implementation and maintenance of computer information systems, or related area;
- Experience configuring and working with Microsoft Internet Information Server (IIS) and SQL Server 2008 and Visual Studio 2010, required;
- Extensive knowledge of Windows Active Directory and Messaging Systems;
- Ability to develop clear and concise proposals;
- Ability to supervise and direct staff under critical and stressful situations;
- Effective problem-solving approach, ability to work in a cross-divisional team and ability to quickly understand IOM business processes.
- Effective resource management skills and strategic and creative thinking;
- Ability to prioritize tasks and strong organizational skills;
- For this position, fluency in English is required (oral and written). Working knowledge of any local language, French and/or Spanish is an advantage.
- Accredited Universities are the ones listed in the UNESCO World Higher Education Database (https://whed.net/home.php).
- IOM’s official languages are English, French and Spanish.
Values – all IOM staff members must abide by and demonstrate these three values:
- Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
- Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
- Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
- Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
- Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way.
- Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
- Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action-oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
Managerial Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2:
- Strategic thinking and vision: works strategically to realize the Organization’s goals and communicates a clear strategic direction.
- IOM’s competency framework can be found at this link: https://www.iom.int/sites/default/files/about-iom/iom_revised_competency_framework_external.pdf Competencies will be assessed during a competency-based interview.
- Leadership: provides a clear sense of direction, leads by example and demonstrates the ability to carry out the organization’s vision; assists others to realize and develop their potential.
- Empowering others & building trust: creates an atmosphere of trust and an enabling environment where staff can contribute their best and develop their potential.
- Recommended candidates will remain eligible to be appointed in a similar position for a period of 24 months.
- The list of NMS countries above includes all IOM Member States which are non-represented in the Professional Category of staff members. For this staff category, candidates who are nationals of the duty station’s country cannot be considered eligible.
- Appointment will be subject to certification that the candidate is medically fit for appointment, accreditation, any residency or visa requirements, and security clearances.
- Internationally recruited professional staff are required to be mobile.
- Any offer made to the candidate in relation to this vacancy notice is subject to funding confirmation.
- This selection process may be used to staff similar positions in various duty stations.
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- IOM does not charge a fee at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training or other fee). IOM does not request any information related to bank accounts.
- IOM only accepts duly completed applications submitted through the IOM e-Recruitment system. The online tool also allows candidates to track the status of their application.
Application Deadline 24th March, 2020.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest International Organization for Migration Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum International Organization for Migration Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for International Organization for Migration Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|International Organization for Migration Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|International Organization for Migration Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include International Organization for Migration recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though International Organization for Migration may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Merit Telecoms (NIG) Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||14th July, 2020|
|Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||1st April, 2020|
|KPMG Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||Not Specified|
|Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||8th July, 2020|
|United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||5th August, 2020.|
|West African Health Organisation (WAHO) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||30th July, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the International Organization for Migration Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: