The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.rescue.org recruitment, International Rescue Committee Vacancies 2020 Application Form, International Rescue Committee Jobs 2020, International Rescue Committee Career Portal, Requirements for International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020, International Rescue Committee Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 International Rescue Committee Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.rescue.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
The following positions are available at International Rescue Committee. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Child Protection Officer
Requisition ID: req9501
Location: Mubi, Adamawa
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Category: Fixed Term
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: No
- IRC has been present in Nigeria since 2012 when the organization responded to flooding in Kogi state. In response to the Boko Haram insurgency, in early 2014 IRC opened a field office in Mubi town of Adamawa state followed by offices in Yola (Adamawa state) in November 2014, Maiduguri (Borno state) in October 2015, and Monguno (Borno state) in October 2016. IRC is currently implementing programs in Health, Child Protection, Food Security, PRoL, WASH, Nutrition and Women’s Protection and Empowerment (WPE) in three States in northeastern Nigeria.
- The IRC Child Protection team offers Psychosocial Support through Social Emotional Learning (SEL) for children aged six to twelve years and Supporting Adolescents and their Families in Emergencies (SAFE) for nine to nineteen year olds grouped into younger and older adolescents using toolkits developed by the IRC to build their resilience, social skills and ability to understand and handle their emotions. The toolkits also contain resource that provides support to caregivers to help them manage their stress and place them in a position to provide the children under their care a safe and supportive environment for their growth and development.
Scope of Work:
- This position is responsible for coordinating and supervising CP activities which include case management, parenting sessions and Safe Healing and Learning Spaces (SHLS) and SAFE activities.
- They will also work closely with the case workers to ensure proper and quality implementation of case management and other components of the Child protection emergency response and other IRC sectors to ensure an integrated service delivery to beneficiaries.
Objective of Position:
- S/he will coordinate with the Caseworkers and other relevant technical sectors, to ensure a rapid, proportionate and effective response.
- Ensure that all activities under his/her supervision are conducted in accordance with the CPiE minimum standards, case management guidelines and SPHERE standards
- Ensure that children are followed up on and receive quality case management services, taking the lead on case discussions/ case management meetings with case workers
- Ensure technical quality of activity reporting
- Provide staff care and support for case workers and CP assistants to ensure they are able to deal with the stress they encounter as a result of the kind of cases they deal with.
- Identify gaps in service provision to identified and registered children, with a special attention to UASC and proactively refer and advocate for those gaps to the CP Manager and Coordinator.
- Together with the case workers, ensure vulnerability of the identified and registered children are responded to with the involvement of the community where appropriate, ensuring the best interest of the child.
- Establish/maintain a regular system of project evaluation and progress monitoring, using both qualitative and quantitative indicators, data collection, and beneficiary feedback and liaising with the CP manager and regular reporting as the response progresses.
Grant Monitoring and Reporting:
- Ensure proper delivery of SEL/SAFE sessions.
- Provide input for weekly and staff activity reports.
- Ensure all challenges encountered are immediately reported to the CP officer and the cases that are identified and registered are captured correctly and shared with the CPIMS officer and CP Manager
Coordination & Representation:
- Coordinate with the CP sub sector (Coordination at the field level) in order to assure that adequate and children centered solutions are taken in consideration in the strategic planning of activities.
- Work closely with all IRC sectors and ensure an integrated approach to interventions.
- Contribute to the development of child protection proposal activities
- Identify Child Protection trends that need to be addressed through child Protection programing.
- Coordinate with other the IRC Education team and sectors staff (e.g. WPE, Protection, Health and Livelihoods) at field level and ensure child protection mainstreaming.
- Consistently and proactively monitor/asses the safety and security of field teams, promptly report concerns or incidents to IRC management and liaise with community leaders and other IRC staff to maintain/enhance the security environment for IRC programs.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor to enable the smooth implementation of the emergency response.
Summary Statement Of Duties And Responsibilities
- Work as part of a Child Protection team in a safe space to provide support to children as part of broader response services.
- Participate in identifying facilitators and an initial SEL/SAFE approach training and engage in ongoing skills building using SEL/SAFE materials.
- Develop weekly, monthly and quarterly workplans for the case workers and assistants under their supervision and ensure strict adherence.
- Embark on field visits and provide support to case workers and assistants in the field.
- Build and maintain working relationships with community leaders and structures that will ensure their support for CP programming.
- Complete weekly reports on project activities, including documenting feedback from participants of SAFE sessions and proactively sharing back lessons learned whilst facilitating the curricula
- Organize and facilitate weekly team meetings.
- Participate in mentoring and coaching facilitators responsible for co-facilitating sessions with adolescent girls (younger) or boys (younger and older).
- Ensure Payment Requests and other documents required for the payment of facilitators incentives are drafted and submitted on time for approval.
- Work closely with other project staff to identify Children/adolescents (younger) and female and male caregivers to participate in SEL/SAFE learning activities.
Candidates are desired who have:
- A Bachelor’s degree in Social Sciences, Education, Economic, another human development related field or equivalent of experience preferred
- Capacity building, facilitation or training experience
- The ability to adapt and work under pressure and strong interpersonal skills
- Basic competency in computer skills
- Personal qualities: team player, flexible, network builder, able to handle pressure well and work in a cross cultural setting.
- Fluency in English and Hausa.
- At least two years’ experience working to support children, adolescent girl and boys, women or parents and caregivers
- A commitment to child protection and gender equality
- A learning attitude and willingness to increase skills and knowledge in child protection.
- Experience as an active participant of social groups, with an understanding of group dynamics and processes.
- All IRC staff is required to adhere to THE IRC Way Standards for Professional Conduct and the IRC country employment policies.
- Uphold the IRC Child Safeguarding Policy and ensure the Prevention of Sexual Exploitation and Abuse in the workplace and communities of intervention.
- Promote awareness of the IRC’s Client Responsiveness amongst clients and community members.
Standards of Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in the IRC Way – Code of Conduct.
- These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Harassment-Free Workplace, Fiscal Integrity, Anti-Retaliation, Combating Trafficking in Persons and several others.
- IRC is committed to narrowing the gender gap in leadership positions. We offer benefits that provide an enabling environment for women to participate in our workforce including parental leave, gender-sensitive security protocols and other supportive benefits and allowances.
- IRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. IRC considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, disability or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
- The position is based in Damaturu covering all IRC program sites in Yobe State Successful candidate will be provided with a comprehensive on job inductions, trainings and mentoring to further develop his/her capacity and career in INGO Security Management systems.
- Qualified Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest International Rescue Committee Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum International Rescue Committee Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for International Rescue Committee Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|International Rescue Committee Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|International Rescue Committee Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include International Rescue Committee recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though International Rescue Committee may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||11th July, 2020|
|International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||Not Specified|
|Admiralty University of Nigeria (ADUN) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||16th July, 2020|
|United Bank for Africa Plc (UBA) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||30th September, 2019|
|Dataflex Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||July 2, 2020||8th July, 2020|
|Chartwell Industries Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||July 2, 2020||Not Specified|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: