The International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.rescue.org recruitment, International Rescue Committee Vacancies 2020 Application Form, International Rescue Committee Jobs 2020, International Rescue Committee Career Portal, Requirements for International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020, International Rescue Committee Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||International Rescue Committee (IRC)|
International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 International Rescue Committee Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.rescue.org.
Available Job Positions & Details
The International Rescue Committee (IRC) is one of the world’s leading crisis response agencies, providing life-saving assistance and supporting recovery and reconstruction for people affected by war and natural disasters. Active in public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
The following positions are available at International Rescue Committee. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Safety & Security Coordinator
Requisition ID: req7760
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Sector: Safety & Security
Employment Category: Regular
Employment Type: Full-Time
Open to Expatriates: Yes
Scope of work
- The post reports to the Deputy Directors of Operations and Field Management, works in close collaboration with the CD and broader SMT, Senior Area Managers, Field Coordinators and Security Liaison Officers, as well as all other staff. She/he will receive technical support from the Regional Safety and Security Advisor (RSSA).
- The post holder will develop and ensure the systematic application of safety and security management policies and procedures in all of IRC operational areas of Nigeria. This will include the assessment of threats and provision of advice to manage risk; the maintenance and updating of security guidelines and ensuring that field security working practices are robust and that all staff are aware of, trained in, and adhere to security management plans, guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Integral to the post is the ability to work successfully with field teams to cultivate capacity and motivation thereby ensuring field-based responsibility for security analysis and management. In parallel to the above, the post holder will capacity build and train a local security manager.
Humanitarian Access Management:
- Contribute in developing and implementing guidelines for humanitarian access and engagement with non-state actors articulating standard IRC policy and guidance
- Oversee and advise on the implementation and review of tailored acceptance strategies
- Maintain a high level of preparedness vis-a-vis predicted contextual fluctuations operationally and programmatically
- Enhance IRC image and acceptance within the community and amongst stakeholders by providing guidance on inclusive visibility strategies
- Work with appropriate IRC units, including HR, to ensure timely and appropriate follow-up to violations of IRC’s Code of Conduct, in addition to operational breaches to humanitarian principle
- Develop and implement humanitarian access strategies and approaches tailored to local contexts in field sites throughout Nigeria
- Ensure humanitarian access approaches are responsive to local context and include overarching community engagement components
- Ensure that the IRC field safety, security and access teams conduct principled and sustainable negotiations with relevant actors in Nigeria in miline with humanitarian principles, humanitarian needs, duty of care principles, and the IRC’s strategy
- Work to ensure that IRC, its mission and work in the areas of operations is known and accepted
- Work to encourage stakeholders to work with the IRC in ensuring that staff and programs are safe and allowed to continue humanitarian activities in country
- Provide technical input and advice in assessments to consider new IRC programs in new geographic areas, and regular assessment reviews for existing locations
- Assist in the continued development of humanitarian access teams and activities across the country
Safety and Security Risk Management and Systems:
- Ensure and regularly reassess that IRC vehicles, premises and equipment are compliant with internationally recognized safety and security standards.
- Ensure that communication systems are adequate and maintained. Provide training to staff on the use of such equipment and communications protocols in conjunction with the DDO.
- Monitor HR / Finance / Logistics working practices within the context of safety and security and alert the relevant coordinators, DDO, and the Country Director if inappropriate decisions are impacting on the safety and security of the team or external perception of the organization thereby creating security risks.
- Work closely with IRC field management teams to ensure all incidents and accidents are managed and followed up with an official written report, which is then shared with relevant stakeholders and filed appropriately
- In conjunction with the SMT and other relevant staff, assist in the debriefing of staff that has experienced security incidents or ‘near miss’ incidents.
- Coordinate post-incident follow up actions, analysis and recommendations.
- Ensure systems are in place to instantly respond to a crisis management situation by working with the Incident Management team; ensure that lines of communication and reporting to the Crisis Management team in New York are fully understood and implemented.
- Conduct security assessments in new areas of Nigeria prior to entry by IRC program staff, in collaboration with the RSSA.
- Provide technical support to the CD and Senior Management on all policies, procedures, guidelines and planning for staff safety, operational security and program continuity in Nigeria.
- Evaluate, review and update the security management plans on a regular basis in compliance with global safety and security standards and requirements and in coordination with the security management team in Nigeria.
- Provide daily (DSR), weekly and monthly updates on context evolution and security and access trends.
- Provide credible information and contextual understanding of localized and country wide security situations and incidents along with appropriate advice to IRC field and program management staff.
- Ensure that all IRC program activities and locations are assessed and monitored relative to their impact on staff safety and security, and make recommendations on protocols and practices to reduce staff risk and vulnerability.
- In consultation with the CD, DDO, DDFM, Senior Area Managers, Field Coordinators, and Security Liaison Officers continuously monitor the security /safety environment nationally and locally for all IRC program areas and make recommendations to the Country Director, who will consult with the RSSA to adjust security policies and procedures as needed
- Spearhead the revision and update of Safety and Security Guidelines for all operational areas in accordance with IRC global security guidelines.
- Ensure that contingency plans for Evacuation, Relocation, Hibernation, and Medical Evacuation are in place, disseminated and adopted amongst staff including a detailed contextual assessment and situational update which is revised at least quarterly.
- Conduct ongoing threat assessments and compile reports on security assessments of offices, staff guest houses, field sites and project areas.
- Systematically map all incidents on a dedicated map and provide timely analysis to identify emerging trends. Ensure field offices adhere to the same process and share information with the post holder.
- Ensure all S&S documentation as per Global S&S policy and Standards are update and systematically filed.
- Ensure that a centralized filing system of security-related documents is maintained in Nigeria.
Briefing, Training and Capacity Building:
- With the support of the RSSA, develop a standardized security training method and provide security training for all staff in safety and security related subjects ensuring that policy and guidelines are understood and are being adopted and implemented across the program.
- Act as a team facilitator during the development of Field office Security Management Plans.
- Build capacity of local security liaison officer(s) and other IRC staff
- Guide and train all staff to ensure the Country’s Minimum Standards in Safety and Security are followed and respected
- Ensure Security briefings (arrival and complete) are of adequate quality and done in timely manner
- Work with national and international staff to build a shared understanding of security analysis and risk mitigation.
- Provide an annual training/ development plan for IRC staff regarding safety, security and access.
Coordination and Networking:
- Proactively share information with staff in the CO and in the field ensuring high security awareness levels, close situation monitoring and effective two-way communication on security-related issues.
- Under guidance of the CD, serve as a key resource to IRC and its operational partners in times of emergencies, such as natural or manmade disasters.
- Coordinate and liaise on program safety and security matters with all relevant actors in country such as national and international NGOs, UN, Donor organizations, government authorities and other stakeholders within the population.
- Participate in program review meetings and contribute to implementation plans to ensure the timely, safe, and secure delivery of IRC service to beneficiaries
- Advise program and field management teams on context-specific risks pertaining humanitarian access, safety, and security, and contribute to the development and implementation of mitigation measures and plans
- Participate in program design in close cooperation with the DDP, DDFM and DDO.
- Experience of incident reporting, incident mapping, intelligence collation and analysis functions, set up and execution of an incident warning system (warden system), compilation of security reports and assessments.
- Experience in training and coaching national and international staff in safety and security.
- Technical competency and training experience in field based communications systems such as HF Codan, Motorola VHF, Thuraya, satellite systems and internet systems.
- Ability to adapt to needs and balance demands of beneficiary and security actors while maintaining appropriate contextual NGO security advice and coordination.
- Sound knowledge of humanitarian principles of impartiality and neutrality as outlined in the Humanitarian Charter and the International Red Cross Code of Conduct.
- Strong report writing, analytical and interpersonal skills.
- Previous security management work experience with INGOs in Africa.
- A formal security qualification or advanced security management training.
- Substantial practical field experience in security management in a leadership role (e.g. direct INGO security management).
- Fluent in written and spoken English
- 3 to 5 year work experience in insecure/hostile environments.
- Ability to work within a multi-cultural, multi ethnic team
- Experience and knowledge of personnel and organizational security issues, threat/risk assessment, security management and security awareness in an insecure environment.
- Previous experience with IRC
- Knowledge of mapping software
- Knowledge of Nigeria’s context
Specific Security Situation/Housing
- The security situation in Nigeria continues to be volatile in the NE with the security level at 3 (orange).
- The candidate should be prepared to manage security in an unpredictable, insecure environment. This is a non-accompanied position. The Safety and Security Coordinator will live in shared housing.
- The Safety and Security Coordinator will be based in Maiduguri, Nigeria with travel throughout the country particularly rural parts of Borno, Yola and Mubi in Adamawa state, and Abuja.
Standards for Professional Conduct:
- The IRC and IRC workers must adhere to the values and principles outlined in IRC Way – Standards for Professional Conduct. These are Integrity, Service, and Accountability. In accordance with these values, the IRC operates and enforces policies on Beneficiary Protection from Exploitation and Abuse, Child Safeguarding, Anti Workplace Harassment, Fiscal Integrity, and Anti-Retaliation
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline Not Specified.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest International Rescue Committee Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum International Rescue Committee Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for International Rescue Committee Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|International Rescue Committee Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|International Rescue Committee Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include International Rescue Committee recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though International Rescue Committee may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Shell Petroleum Development Company Recruitment 2019/2020||January 24, 2020||16th February, 2020|
|GDM Group Recruitment 2019/2020||January 24, 2020||Not Specified|
|ICAP Columbia University Recruitment 2019/2020||January 24, 2020||Not Specified|
|Human Capacity Development Consultants (HCDC) Recruitment 2019/2020||January 24, 2020||Not Specified|
|Genesis Group Recruitment 2019/2020||January 24, 2020||30th January, 2020|
|Amaiden Energy Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||January 24, 2020||3rd February, 2020.|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the International Rescue Committee Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: