The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.ncdc.gov.ng recruitment, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Jobs 2020, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Career Portal, Requirements for Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment 2020, Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC)|
|Deadline||29th May, 2020|
Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.ncdc.gov.ng.
Available Job Positions & Details
The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) is the government agency with the mandate to coordinate the surveillance, detection and response to infectious disease outbreaks. Over the last three years, NCDC has deployed a new tool for disease surveillance. The Surveillance, Outbreak Response Management and Analysis System (SORMAS) is a system jointly developed between the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control and the Helmholtz Centre for Infection Research (HZI) to improve disease surveillance as well as detection and management of outbreaks and thus strengthen the public health service in Nigeria.
The following positions are available at Nigeria Centre for Disease Control. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: COVID-19 Laboratory Manager
Work Hours: Full time
Duration of contract: 12 months
Open to: All interested qualified candidates
- Nigeria is currently responding to the coronavirus disease (COVID-19) pandemic with confirmed cases on the upward trend. The capacity to test is integral to the success of this response for identification, isolation, and treatment of confirmed cases towards containing and controlling the outbreak in Nigeria. The Nigeria Centre for Disease Control (NCDC) has devised a testing strategy for this purpose.
- As the country’s apex public health laboratory, the NCDC National Reference Laboratory (NRL) leads the diagnosis of COVID-19 and other infectious diseases. Currently, the NRL is coordinating and supporting the optimization and activation of additional laboratories across the country; providing quality assurance for testing in these laboratories; and testing on behalf of several states. The additional volume of work being carried out by NRL during this pandemic necessitates more human resource for effective and efficient running of the laboratory.
- African Field Epidemiology Network (AFENET) seeks to recruit a COVID-19 Laboratory Manager for the NRL, Gaduwa. The COVID-19 Laboratory Manager will be tasked with the responsibility of improving and overseeing all laboratory processes for COVID-19 diagnostic testing; coordinating the NRL COVID-19 diagnostic functions; and providing technical support to implement the NCDC national testing strategy. The COVID-19 Laboratory Manager will report to the Director of Laboratory Services, NCDC.
The incumbent will manage / oversee all the COVID-19 related elements of NRL Gaduwa’ s function including:
- To oversee the general and operational management and planning for implementation of COVID-19 testing scale up
- To collaborate with the existing NRL managers in promoting workplace safety, environmental management, and infrastructural maintenance for COVID-19 response
- To implement and strengthen the Laboratory Information Management System
- To provide technical oversight of the supply chain management team
- To provide technical support to the Director of Laboratory Services
- To perform any other duty as may be assigned by Director of Laboratory Services / Director General of the NCDC
- Provide technical support and oversight to all teams currently involved in the diagnostic processes including specimen management, the molecular laboratory bench team and mega lab bench team Diagnosis (virology/COVID-19)
- To oversee and coordinate the Quality Management System (Biosafety & biosecurity, Waste Management, Equipment Management/Maintenance, Stock/Inventory Management)
Qualifications and Requirements
- M.Sc. in Laboratory Sciences or related field with 10 years post national youth service experience and a minimum of 5 years in provision of laboratory support
- Well-developed computer skills.
- Sensitivity to cultural differences and understanding of the social, political, and ethical issues
- Ability to work well with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among NRL staff, consultants, and recipients of assistance.
- Experience in management of laboratory services particularly public health facility, including laboratory analysis, interpretation and reporting techniques based on best practices, quality management practices and safe work practices.
- Knowledge of advanced laboratory procedures on high throughput instrument for disease diagnosis and management is an advantage.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 29th May, 2020.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Nigeria Centre for Disease Control recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Nigeria Centre for Disease Control may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Justmedia Recruitment 2019/2020||July 6, 2020||16th July, 2020|
|Zee Rice Recruitment 2019/2020||July 6, 2020||31st July, 2020|
|Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 6, 2020||17th July, 2020|
|Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||11th July, 2020|
|International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||Not Specified|
|Admiralty University of Nigeria (ADUN) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||16th July, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Nigeria Centre for Disease Control Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: