The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.nrc.no recruitment, Norwegian Refugee Council Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Norwegian Refugee Council Jobs 2020, Norwegian Refugee Council Career Portal, Requirements for Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2020, Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||Norwegian Refugee Council|
|Deadline||3rd April, 2020|
Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 Norwegian Refugee Council Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.nrc.no.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, emergency food security, and water, sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters, NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours’ notice when a crisis occurs.
The following positions are available at Norwegian Refugee Council. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Deputy Director – North East (INGO FORUM)
Webcruiter ID: 4209620425
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Full Time
Reports to: Director NIF
Supervision of: Access Advisor, Government Liaison Advisor, Admin/Logs Assistant
Project number: TBD
Duration and type of contract: 12 Months
- The purpose of the Deputy Director North East positionis to provide field level support to the Forum and its member organizations, supporting humanitarian efforts in the north-east BAY states (Borno, Adamawa and Yobe) through high quality information exchange, coordination, multi-stakeholder engagement, facilitating effective INGO representation in decision-making mechanisms, and advocacy efforts.
- S/he will serve as the primary liaison linking Abuja coordination structure with up-to-date realities from the north-east response.
Generic Responsibilities (max 10)
- Ensure that capacity building is provided to staff within defined line management responsibility
- Represent NIF in defined area of expertise
- Asses needs, develop and implement response plan
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management. Summarize key documents (reports, assessments, etc) and share with partners in easily read format.
- Promote and share ideas for technical improvement
- These responsibilities shall be the same for all positions with the same title. The responsibilities shall be short and essential. Details belong in the Work and Development plan.
- Compliance with and adherence withNRC policies, tools, handbooks, guidelines and procedures
- Provide imputes to programme strategies, Country Strategy and Plan of Action
- Ensure optimal use of resources within allocated project budget
- Provide linkages between INGO and NNGO community / identify opportunities for collaboration along with the NIF Director.
- Assist in drafting humanitarian updates, policy briefs, and talking points on the humanitarian situation.
- Facilitate structured and effective information exchange both between internal INGO partners/members, and with external partners (NNGOs, UN, Government, etc).
- Stay informed on political, humanitarian and security contexts, while providing structured updates to the INGO Forum
- Facilitate effective information flow between field-level realities in NE Nigeria and capital-level coordination in Abuja.
- Maintain and develop induction and guidance materials for new humanitarian actors leading on briefings and support as required.
- Maintain updated stakeholder mappings to inform strategic engagement.
- Chair the Humanitarian Platform meetings and act as a technical support on critical topics including: access, advocacy and policy environment, public sector reforms and private engagement.
- Facilitate structured and effective information exchange both between internal INGO partners/members, and with external partners (NNGOs, UN, Government, private sector etc).
- Stay informed on political, economic, and social contexts, while providing structured updates to the INGO Forum as it relates to humanitarian activities globally, regionally and nationally.
- Ensure compliance with donor and host agency (in this case, NRC) regulations
- Ensure compliance with security procedures and policies as determined by country leadership.
- Draft or review scope of work to hire and manage technical consultants, including review for technical efficacy and contract budget, as required.
- These responsibilities shall be adapted to the particularities of the job location and context, phase of operation, strategic focus and type of programme intervention. This section shall be revised whenever a new employee is hired or the context changes significantly.
- Facilitate INGO coordination supporting INGO Forum member organizations in Borno, Adamawa, Yobe to plan bi-weekly action-oriented coordination meetings and identify gaps, duplication and opportunities for enhancing coordination be it information exchange, inter-agency assessments or analysis, problem solving, joined up responses and common messaging.
- Regular travel to Yola and Damaturu and deep field locations to engage with partners and identify coordination and advocacy gaps.
- Ensure regular high-level representation in key humanitarian decision-making platforms and other mechanisms that impact humanitarian operations and the protection and needs of affected populations.
- Facilitate regular coordination meetings, thematic discussions, planning sessions to support INGO operations and engagement with external stakeholders.
- Identify strategies to support INGOs to work collaboratively and in a principled manner that places the needs and interests of affected populations at the center.
- Support the coordination of the Advocacy Working Group and act as a technical support on critical topics including: humanitarian aid architecture in complex conflict settings, regulatory environment, humanitarian access, protection of civilians, accountability to affected populations, and effective delivery of assistance.
- Facilitate trips for key external and international stakeholders to raise attention to the extent of the humanitarian situation and response.
- Facilitate representation of the INGO Forum through direct bilateral engagement with key actors (UN, Government and other national actors), supporting elected representatives to the Operational Humanitarian Country Team (O/HCT) and Inter Sector Working Group (ISWG) to perform their duties and ensure transparent information sharing on decisions made and actions required.
- Ensure INGO Forum takes lead of key task forces and working groups thematically dedicated to access and protection.
- Assure NNGO interests are represented within INGO Forum key messages, and actively seek advocacy allies/partnerships.
By interfaces, NRC means processes and projects that are interlinked with other departments/units or persons. Relevant interfaces for this position are:
- Internal: NIF Team, Logistics, finance, HR/Admin, Security, Programmes,
- External: INGOs, Local NGOs, Civil society, government bodies, private sectors, Media outfits vendors.
Scale and scope of position:
- Budgets: NGFM1908
- Information: NIF platforms, Agresso, Social media channels
- Legal or compliance: NRC Terms of Employment, NRC Code of Conduct, NRC Policies, NRC security policies and Standard Operating Procedures
- Staff: Access Advisor, Government Liaison Advisor, Admin/Logs Assistant
- Stakeholders: UN agencies, INGOs, local NGOs, civil society, governmental bodies)
- Competencies are important in order for the employee and the organisation to deliver desired results. They are relevant for all staff and are divided into the following two categories:
- These are skills, knowledge and experience that are important for effective performance.
Generic professional competencies:
- Core competency expertise
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal
- Experience from working within technical expertise area in a humanitarian/ recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
Context/ Specific Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- Public speaking skills
- Experience in developing advocacy strategies and stakeholder maps.
- Applied knowledge and experience of working in insecure contexts and in constrained access contexts
- Prior experience in managing INGO Consortia/fora desirable
- Written and spoken fluency in English.
- Strong data analytical and interpretation skills.
- Excellent writing, editing and analytical skills and ability to formulate well-targeted strategic documents.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced and often demanding environment.
- Proven experience in influencing for policy change and practice desirable.
- Demonstrated experience in facilitating meetings in high-pressure professional setting.
- Demonstrated experience in lobby and engaging with high level actors with strong evidence from the field.
- Knowledge of and contacts in Nigerian humanitarian space desirable.
- Advanced University Degree in Public Policy, International Development, Political Science, International Relations, Journalism, Social Sciences, International Development or related technical field or undergraduate degree with significant field experience in development or resilience contexts
- Demonstrated experience of 5-7 years in managing humanitarian emergency responses in conflict contexts
- Demonstrated experience of coordination in complex emergencies and/or active engagement in high level humanitarian coordination structures (eg. as member on HCT)
- Knowledge and understanding of key thematic priority areas including access, protection, humanitarian aid architecture in conflict settings, and responses to acute and protracted crises.
- Proven relationship building skills and ability to facilitate common space between disparate views and agendas.
- Ability to represent collective views diplomatically to various stakeholders
Behavioural Competencies (max 6):
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and professionalism
- Handling insecure environment
- These are personal qualities that influence how successful people are in their job. NRC’s Competency Framework states 12 behavioural competencies, and the following are essential for this position:
- Planning and delivering results
The employee will be accountable for the responsibilities and the competencies, in accordance with the NRC Performance Management Manual. The following documents will be used for performance reviews:
- The Mid-term/End-of-trial Period Performance Review Template
- The End-term Performance Review Template
- The NRC Competency Framework
- The Job Description
- The Work and Development Plan
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: This job is for Nigeria nationals only.
Application Deadline 3rd April, 2020.
2. Job Title: Consultant – Reviewing / Improving NIF Online Platforms
Webcruiter ID: 4208204731
Full-time / part-time: Full-time
Employment type: Contract
Percentage of full-time: 100
- Use the Office 365 Business Premium plan to set up NIF Business Email on Office 365 from the current email client. This will include:
- Migration of all existing email contents to the new Office 365 email platform
- Migration of all NIF contents from the current Cloud Storage to OneDrive
- Review the current NIF account on Adobe Creative Cloud and isolate it from its current host by creating a new account.
- Ensure the secure hosting of all NIF online platforms and successful migration of relevant platforms from current accounts to NIF owned accounts.
- Review the current hosting plan for the NIF website to ensure it meets a guaranteed minimum uptime of 99.99%, adequate web space for storing resources like reports, assessments, photos, etc. and efficient bandwidth that will ensure a loading time of at most 8.7 seconds.
- Based on the outcome of the review, recommend appropriate and adequate hosting plans for the current domain (and possibly an additional domain) and subscribe for 1 year, with genuine dedicated Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates inclusive.
- This section will have a subsection for INGO staffing information
- Data will be represented with responsive and interactive maps and charts (e.g. bar chart, pie chart, ranking chart, etc.)
- Create a simple membership payment portal that processes and tracts member payments as well as sends alert on expiration and invoices
- Update the template on the NIF Survey platform to align with other parts of the NIF website including colours, fonts, and width.
- Review and improve the features and functionality of the NIF website.
- Improve and infuse the website interface and navigations with a modern HTML5 responsive template and a simple technology such as Jekyll.
- Ensure all webpages are properly named and coded to meet minimum SEO requirements, as well as easily accessible and compatible with all PCs, tablets and mobile phones.
- Review all contents on the website and ensure they are properly placed and aligned on each web page. Also, ensure all internal and external links on each website menu and within the pages are correctly addressed.
- Create an additional interactive chart section on the NIF website using technology like Data-Driven Documents, FusionCharts or equivalents.
- The portal will be designed to have a member-only section and public section. The member section includes participating in national/local CSOs and mentor/twinning partners. Also, a profile page will be created for each member.
- A user-friendly resource library, an improvement over the current Document Bank, will be developed.
- Design and develop an online learning and resource portal to support NIF PLRCAP initiative
- The portal will be placed under a sub-directory of the main INGOFORUM.NG domain and or under a separate domain as determined by NIF and linked to NIF main website via the localization page.
Basic Information of the Applicant:
- CAC registration
- Details of Physical Resources (Office Accommodation with branch offices if any, Transport if any) of the Applicant
- The financial status of the Applicant
- Tax Clearance.
- Details of Full-Time Key personnel
- Details of conducting similar works/with INGOs
- Details of past and present work are done by the Applicant
- A fully developed and functional online portal for PLRCAP initiative
- NIF-owned domain servers (INGOFORUM.NG and possibly new domain for hosting resources), web host and Adobe Cloud accounts
- A handover notes of the completed project.
- Planning and delivering results
- NIF business email server on Office 365 platform
- An improved NIF website hosted on a Secured Sockets Layer (SSL) platform with accurate contents and all links properly addressed
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 5 pm; 23rd March, 2020.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Norwegian Refugee Council Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Norwegian Refugee Council recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Norwegian Refugee Council may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|BlueSlip Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||March 30, 2020||28th April, 2020|
|Society for Family Health (SFH) Recruitment 2019/2020||March 30, 2020||5th April, 2020|
|Women in the New Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||March 30, 2020||30th March, 2020|
|Apple Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||March 30, 2020||Not Specified|
|Petrogap Oil and Gas Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||March 30, 2020||24th April, 2020|
|World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2019/2020||March 27, 2020||9th April, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: