The Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.oxfam.org recruitment, Oxfam Nigeria Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Oxfam Nigeria Jobs 2020, Oxfam Nigeria Career Portal, Requirements for Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2020, Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment Portal.
Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 Oxfam Nigeria Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.oxfam.org.
Available Job Positions & Details
Oxfam is an international confederation of 17 organizations (affiliates) committed to creating a just world without poverty. In Nigeria Oxfam works in the areas of Economic Justice/Sustainable Livelihoods, Humanitarian Programming to save lives, Advancing Gender Justice and Good Governance, adopting a right based approach.
The following positions are available at Oxfam Nigeria. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: ICT Officer
Req ID: 5907
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Internal Job Grade: D1
Contract type: 2 Year Fixed Term
Job Family: Business Support Unit
Reporting to: Business Support Manager
Staff reporting to this post: IT Assistant
- The job holder will ensure that the organisations’ IT platform / infrastructure provide the framework, support and capabilities essential for superior service delivery.
- Facilitate business process reengineering initiatives ensuring appropriate integration with appropriate user departments / units.
- The ICT Officer is responsible for conceptualizing, developing and implementing Oxfam’s ICT Strategy, systems, plans and policies.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
Management of IT infrastructure:
- Ensure delivery of client Microsoft Outlook setup and troubleshooting outlook issues and webmail access.
- Manage the Local Area Network (LAN) and the Wireless Local Area Network, with aim of optimal performance of the network infrastructure
- Manage Box (Cloud File storage systems) and maintenance of Folder sysn structure.
- Ensure delivery of critical Microsoft Windows (Client) operating system patch and updates.
- Maintain an up to date network Data and Telephone patching of users and a network schema
- Work with the programme team in design of flagship program by inputting onto the section of ICT4D design and framework guidelines on the use of ICT in programme work (i.e. ICT4D). Also coordinate the use of the MIS portal for program information management
- Ensure optimal performance of VSAT equipment and Microwave assembly with active monitoring of active link to achieve throughput and QoS.
- Ensure efficiency in delivery of Wireless networks (Wifi, Point to Point wireless connections), eliminate / minimize downtime / disruptions to service delivery.
- Manage Mobile technologies i.e. 4G/3G, mobile data collection for roaming staff and support delivery of LMMS which are in line with Oxfam IT standard tool sets.
- Oversee the software support to staff, including troubleshooting all software problems
- Ensure the reliability of the local e-mail and Internet systems in the Country office and programme field offices.
- Manage network according to minimum standards, including: approving installations of new versions of virus protection software on the server and the workstations in the office.
- Oversee the management and maintenance of all computer systems, assessment of requirements on purchase of hardware/software for the office in coordination with Logistics & Procurement team.
- Allocate and distribute ICT resources organisation wide with regard to critical resource requirements of various department and keep an up to date inventory of all IT equipment both software and hardware in coordination with the Supply and Logistics team.
- Identify and plan for future ICT needs; develop annual budget for approval.
- Provide proactive and responsive support to all end users including field offices by implementing a helpdesk system that will capture regular support issue for the purpose of generating management information required for performance improvement
- Ensure proper working of Sat phones or VHF communications systems where needed in coordination with Safety advisor and Supply and Logistics team
- Review report for management on use of telephones and other communication equipments
- Advise management on implementation of cost effective technologies like Voice Over Internet Protocol (VOIP) and Video Conference in line with corporate strategy
IT Supplier Management:
- Review purchase of office equipment in consultation with the Logistics team
- Review phone/data bills are received and payment processed on time
- Manage IT Service level agreements / contracts plus input on technical issues
Support to Field Office Programme:
- Lead visits to check on systems performance (VSAT, backups, antivirus, network etc)
- Lead remote support to the field offices to ensure that systems are running efficiently to agreed expected standards
Capacity Building and Self Development:
- Undertake personal training, coaching and capacity building to develop own expertise and the ICT assistant as required.
- Support the development and implementation of a detailed plan for building the capacity of staff, specifically relating to ICT policy & procedures.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Access and SharePoint is required.
- Certification in Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) will be an added advantage.
- Degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Telecommunications or related field.
Knowledge & Experience:
- Knowledge of Vsat assembly and Radio Frequency technology.
- Knowledge of the use of Routers and Switches, with administration and configuration abilities
- Ability to solve some of the hardware problems on their own and provide good support on applications to the users (job specific).
- 5 years’ experience in troubleshooting, database design and information management
- Significant knowledge and experience in basic hardware (how hardware works), operating systems (like Windows Server 2012 and Active directories and Window 7) training and training on other applications.
- Knowledge on project management, business continuity plan.
Skills & Abilities:
- Proven experience as a team worker and demonstrably cooperative with members of other teams, responding quickly and accurately to queries and issues.
- A high level of self-awareness, personal energy, stamina and flexibility
- Ability to work with discretion regarding confidential information
- Possession of sound judgment and attention to detail.
- Commitment to Oxfam’s overall aims and policies and experience of promoting women’s rights and the interests of marginalized people in all aspects of Oxfam’s work.
- Willingness to work in other Oxfam field offices.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to meet deadlines and able to organise work effectively
- Proactive and shows initiative and tenacity (achieving results).
- Ability to show logic and thinking through options before deciding on a course of action (thinking and understanding).
- Knowledge and / or experience of common Oxfam norms, procedures and administrative guidelines.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Decisiveness: We are comfortable to make transparent decisions and to adapt decision making modes to the context and needs.
- Systems Thinking: We view problems as parts of an overall system and in their relation to the whole system, rather than reacting to a specific part, outcome or event in isolation. We focus on cyclical rather than linear cause and effect. By consistently practicing systems thinking we are aware of and manage well unintended consequences of organizational decisions and actions.
- Strategic Thinking and Judgment: We use judgment, weighing risk against the imperative to act. We make decisions consistent with organizational strategies and values.
- Vision Setting: We have the ability to identify and lead visionary initiatives that are beneficial for our organization and we set high-level direction through a visioning process that engages the organization and diverse external stakeholders.
- Self-Awareness: We are able to develop a high degree of self-awareness around our own strengths and weaknesses and our impact on others. Our self-awareness enables us to moderate and self-regulate our behaviors to control and channel our impulses for good purposes.
- Enabling: We all work to effectively empower and enable others to deliver the organizations goals through creating conditions of success. We passionately invest in others by developing their careers, not only their skills for the job. We provide freedom; demonstrate belief and trust provide appropriate support.
- Influencing: We have the ability to engage with diverse stakeholders in a way that leads to increased impact for the organization We spot opportunities to influence effectively and where there are no opportunities, we have the ability to create them in a respectful and impactful manner.
- Humility: We put ‘we’ before ‘me’ and place an emphasis on the power of the collective, nurture the team and play to the strengths of each individual. We are not concerned with hierarchical power, and we engage with, trust and value the knowledge and expertise of others across all levels of the organization.
- Relationship Building: We understand the importance of building relationship, within and outside the organization. We have the ability to engage with traditional and non-traditional stakeholders in ways that lead to increased impact for the organization.
- Listening: We are good listeners who can see where deeper levels of thoughts and tacit assumptions differ. Our messages to others are clear and consider different preferences.
- Mutual Accountability: We can explain our decisions and how we have taken them based on our organizational values. We are ready to be held to account for what we do and how we behave, as we are also holding others to account in a consistent manner.
- Agility, Complexity, and Ambiguity: We scan the environment, anticipate changes, are comfortable with lack of clarity and deal with a large number of elements interacting in diverse and unpredictable ways.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and may be subject to appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks, or integrity screenings/references relating to misconduct and disciplinary actions in prior employment.
- Qualified females are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Interested candidates are encouraged to apply immediately as due to the urgency of this position applications will be reviewed as received, as such suitable candidates may be shortlisted and interviewed prior to the closing date. Only applications sent in the required format will be considered.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organization. Therefore, people of all gender identities, sexes, sexual orientations, races, colors, religions, cultures, abilities, etc. are eligible for this position.
- Oxfam aims to attract great talent that not only fits the job but also Oxfam’s high standard of values and principles, who shares and demonstrates Oxfam’s commitment to prevent and eradicate any type of misconduct including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, any other type of misuse of power or lack of integrity and financial misconduct. We are committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, and adults. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
Application Deadline Not Specified.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Oxfam Nigeria Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Oxfam Nigeria recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Oxfam Nigeria may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|FHI 360 Recruitment 2019/2020||February 14, 2020||Not Specified|
|Save the Children Recruitment 2019/2020||February 14, 2020||27th February, 2020|
|CGC Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||February 14, 2020||Not Specified|
|ActionAid Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||February 14, 2020||18th February, 2020|
|Airtel Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||February 14, 2020||Not Specified|
|Ikeja Electricity Distribution Company (IKEDC) Recruitment 2019/2020||February 13, 2020||25th February, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Oxfam Nigeria Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: