The Plan International Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.plan-international.org recruitment, Plan International Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Plan International Jobs 2020, Plan International Career Portal, Requirements for Plan International Recruitment 2020, Plan International Recruitment Portal.
|Deadline||7th June, 2020|
Plan International Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 Plan International Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.plan-international.org.
Available Job Positions & Details
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-profit organisation that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood, and enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We believe in the power and potential of every child, but know this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination.
The following positions are available at Plan International. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Emergency Response Manager
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Reports To: Country Director, With Coordinating Relationship With The Director Of Programme Quality and Innovation
Functional Area: Programmes – Disaster Risk Management
Type of Role: 24 month fixed term
- Plan International Nigeria aims to respond effectively, rapidly and at significant scale to the core humanitarian needs of children and their families affected by the Boko Haram crisis in the North Eastern Nigeria, specifically by minimising disruption to education systems and providing gender appropriate services both during and after disasters.
- As the Emergency Response Manager, you will be responsible for this emergency response programme. You will oversee its development and implementation, maintain the emergency master budget and ensure the regular development of sitreps. You will also be the overall line manager for the whole emergency response team who are spread across three locations in Nigeria: Abuja, Maiduguri and Mubi.
- In this role, you will be expected to provide strategic leadership in all areas of emergency response programming. You will strengthen the country office’s overall capacity to be prepared for and respond to emergencies in accordance with Plan International’s principles and practices.
- You will have a high level of leadership and managerial experience, including experience in managing multi-million Naira budgets.
- You will have the highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors, as well as having experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary and multi-national team under difficult circumstances.
- To be successful in this role, you will be resilient, adaptable and flexible alongside being able to demonstrate awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. You will have the capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Plan International Nigeria aims to respond effectively, rapidly, and at significant scale to the core humanitarian needs of children and their families affected by the Boko Haram crisis in the North Eastern Nigeria.
- Specifically, Plan International Nigeria aims to minimize disruption to formal and non-formal education systems and to restore formal education services; strengthen the proactive environment for children and their families including age and gender appropriate services during and after disasters; create opportunities for and build capacity of young people affected by the armed conflict to generate income and to improve their life skills; and to become recognized actor in both in linking related community-based interventions to national coordination and interagency mechanisms where Plan International Nigeria will gradually take on leadership functions.
- Therefore, the Emergency Response Manager is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of Plan International Nigeria emergency response Programme.
- Overseeing the development and implementation of the Emergency Response Plan (incl. project implementation of different projects with different institutional donors and National Offices), maintaining the emergency master budget, ensure the regular development of Sitreps, representing the organisation at various clusters, working groups and towards external as well as internal (i.e Regional Office, IH, Lake Chad Basin Unit) humanitarian actors, being the overall line manager for the whole emergency response team which is spread across three locations (Abuja, Maiduguri and Mubi).
Dimension of the Role
- In 2009, the Islamist militant group, Boko Haram became active in the North eastern Nigeria. The insurgency scaled up in 2010 when the group started suicide attacks as well as attacks on so-called soft targets in Borno and Adamawa States in Nigeria.
- Since then, more than 500,000 Nigerians have fled to neighbouring countries of Niger, Cameroon and Chad, and 2.2 million were internally displaced – around 1.2 million children in Nigeria were forced to leave their homes, 50% of these children under the age of 5. The activities of the Boko Haram terrorist group have paralyzed most business activities, deepened poverty and dislocated a huge population of people.
- Although the government has made some significant military gains against the group in recent time, the humanitarian situation remains deep and ravaging.
- The Emergency Response Manager is expected to provide strategic leadership in all areas of emergency programming.
- He/she is responsible for the quality and effectiveness of Plan International Nigeria’s emergency response in Northeast of Nigeria. The Head of Emergency Response strengthens the country office’s overall capacity to be prepared for and respond to emergencies in accordance with Plan’s principles and practices.
- The Head of Emergency Response leads and manages the emergency team and is the interface between the Emergency Team and the Country Director, the Lake Chad Program Coordinator and the Head of Programs and Business Development.
- He/she is the leader of the Emergency Response Team, responsible and accountable for developing, coordinating and managing all emergency activities. The Head of Emergency Response has overall responsibility for the security and well-being of emergency staff.
- He/she is also expected to actively contribute to the delivery of Plan International Nigeria Country Strategic Plan.
Assessment, Programme Design and Planning:
- In association with the Head of Programs and Business Development, ensure emergency assessments are executed and from them; an integrated emergency response, implementation and exit strategies are developed.
- In consultation with Technical Working Groups, support the Head of Emergency Response team, to identify key sectoral assessments to be undertaken.
- Ensure that Plan International Members are provided with regular sitreps (approved by the Country Director) and are aware of humanitarian developments and Plan Nigeria’s response to them.
- Develop program initiatives that focus on strengthening the Comprehensive Emergency Response Framework.
- In collaboration with the Business Development Team at the Country Office, identify funding opportunities with National Offices and lead proposal development with the Technical Specialists.
- Pro-actively network and build external relations and lead fund-raising efforts and build up a portfolio of grants to finance a multiyear response plan in close coordination with the Business Development Unit.
- Lead in the development and design of all external emergency response proposals, budgets and reports, and ensure they are completed to the highest possible standard.
- Provide support to Lake Chad Program Unit.
- Coordinate the development of all project implementation plans and budgets within the framework of the agreed emergency response programme and strategy.
- Ensure the Country Director and the Head of Programs and Business Development are kept informed about assessment progress, emergency response implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments.
- Ensure Plan International Nigeria adheres to best international standards for emergency responses.
Emergency Project Management and Implementation:
- Maintain ongoing surveillance of the developing humanitarian emergency situation and adjust activities accordingly.
- Ensure adequate monitoring, reporting and acquittal of emergency activities in accordance with PLAN DRM strategy, policies and protocols.
- Strengthen linkages across all program departments to ensure a strong, coherent program approach in line with the Emergency Response and Recovery Program
- Regularly keep National Offices informed of program progress and key humanitarian issues
- Ensure that an overall monitoring and evaluation framework is regularly updated
- Support the conduct of research and other empirical evidence gathering at the field approved by the Country Director.
- Ensure that different sectoral activities are implemented in a coordinated and cohesive manner in line with work plans and donor commitments.
- Ensure emergency activities are carried out in accordance with the Sphere Minimum Standards and Humanitarian Charter in disaster response.
General Management and Leadership:
- Establish and maintain constructive working relationships with other NGOs, UN agencies, host government, bilateral and multilateral donors, and other principle stakeholders including the military where present.
- Attend all the relevant inter-agency coordination and working groups meetings.
- Ensure all emergency staff are fully briefed on all aspects of security, social and cultural norms and local conditions and behaviour.
- Recommend changes to the emergency team composition and functioning with Country Office and partners to maximise emergency programme quality and effectiveness.
- Conduct performance appraisals of emergency staff as required, ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance.
- Ensure the Country Director, Head of Programs and Business Development, and Lake Chad Program Coordinator are kept informed about assessment progress, emergency response implementation and strategies, project plans, progress reports, and other significant developments.
- Create the conditions to ensure effective teamwork and morale; and ensure staff well-being is addressed.
- Attend regular CMT and Emergency Response Team meetings and ensure follow up of action points.
- Promote a productive work environment with zero tolerance for verbal or physical mis-conduct, or discrimination against other persons on the grounds of race, colour, sex or creed i.e. the Red Cross and NGO Code of Conduct.
- Support country-wide disaster management capacity building initiatives
Administration and Finance:
- Ensure with the Deputy Head of Emergency Response (responsible for operational issues) that administrative support functions are established and maintained in accordance with Plan International administrative policies and procedures.
- Compliance with all host country legal, contractual, labour and statutory requirements including registration in countries where Plan International has no pre-existing presence.
- Oversee budget preparation, setting the parameters and ensuring spends and forecast are in line with plans.
- Coordinate mobilisation of financial resources related to emergency activities.
- Ensure that reliable communications/information management facilities are established and maintained.
- Ensure emergency members are familiar with usage, procedures and relevant protocols
- Ensure with the Procurement & Logistics Manager/Officer the establishment and maintenance of a functional procurement and supply chain management system.
- Ensure with the Deputy Head of Emergency Response and the Procurement Logistics Manager/Officer the timely and appropriate establishment of all logistics infrastructure.
- Ensure with the Head of Finance the establishment, as necessary, and maintenance of Plan International financial management and accounting systems for all emergency assessment and response activities and assets.
- With support from the Finance and Administration Team and the Deputy Head of Emergency Response ensure that all finance policies and procedures are adhered to.
Safety and Security:
- Responsible for the security of all international and national staff when deployed on needs assessments or emergency response.
- Oversee the security of project staff & facilities in the project areas.
- Support the Security Focal Person in updating the standard operating procedures.
- In collaboration with the Security Focal Person, ensure all personnel understand individual and collective responsibilities for safety and security.
- Liaise with the Security Focal point at the CO to ensure establishment and compliance with Plan Security Guidelines and procedures; their effective application in the local context and periodically update relevant SOPs, etc.
- Monitor the operational environment with respect to increased level of threat and advise the Country Office, staff, Plan International and the Plan International Security Officer
- Keep the CO Head Office and other interested Plan members advised of changes and threats to the security of Plan staff, assets and operations.
- In collaboration with other partners, identify key advocacy messages relating to the emergency response issues.
- Lead the development of key advocacy messages in collaboration with Country Office, other partners, the regional DRM unit and IH DRM Department.
Public Relations / Media / Representation:
- Work with the CO Communications Advisor in the development of constructive working relationships with media representatives to build international and public profile and ensure positive coverage and the timely provision of situation reports and fundraising material to Plan’s International Headquarters and National Organizations.
- Ensure all information, publicity and fundraising material recognises and respects the dignity of the affected persons.
Organizational Capacity Building:
- Ensure the program good practices and lessons learned are shared within the organization
- In collaboration with the HR Officer, develop capacity building plan for ER staff and lead relevant capacity building programs
- People Skills: Ability to work independently and as a team player who demonstrates leadership and is able to support and train local and international staff and also able to work with disaster-affected communities in a sensitive and participatory manner.
- Communication Skills: Well developed written and oral communication skills. Able to communicate clearly and sensitively with internal and external stakeholders as a representative of Plan International Nigeria. This includes effective negotiation and representation skills.
- Awareness and sensitivity of self and others: Demonstrates awareness and sensitivity to gender and diversity. Have experience and the ability to live and work in diverse cultural contexts in a culturally appropriate manner. Has a capacity to make accurate self-assessment particularly in high stress and high security contexts.
- Work style: Is well planned and organized even within a fluid working environment and has a capacity for initiative and decision making with competent analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Knowledge and skills: knowledge of Plan International Nigeria and Global policies and procedures, Sphere and the Red Cross/ NGO Code of Conduct. Requires general finance, administration, information management and telecommunication skills and proficiency in information technology/ computer skills.
- Integrity: Works with trustworthiness and integrity and has a clear commitment to Plan International Nigeria’s core values and humanitarian principles.
- Resilience/Adaptability and flexibility: Ability to operate effectively under extreme circumstances including stress, high-security risks and harsh living conditions. Works and lives with a flexible, adaptable and resilient manner.
Human Resource Development:
- Ensure that human resources implications for Plan International Nigeria for both existing and anticipated emergency response are fully assessed, identified, described and communicated.
- Support in the development and management of emergency response human resource protocols.
- Ensure all Emergency Response personnel understand and carry out their duties in accordance with humanitarian principles, Plan values, the Red Cross Code of Conduct and SPHERE.
- Ensure that the HR Database is regularly updated to monitor salary expenditure and contract end dates.
- In liaison with the HR staff make sure staff have suitable rest, relaxation and that well-being is addressed
- Monitor ongoing human resources issues and make recommendations and adjustments accordingly.
- Ensure team members receive thorough briefings and information.
- Review HR policies to ensure that they are appropriate for an emergency response context.
- Ensure with the HR manager that the systems used for HR are adapted to the emergency context to ensure a rapid response while maintaining an acceptable level of accountability in regards to the recruitment.
- Conduct performance appraisals of direct reports and ensure regular feedback and mentoring on individual performance.
- Recommend changes to Emergency Response team composition and functioning with Country Office and partners to maximise emergency programme quality and effectiveness.
- Build the Capacity of the humanitarian field team on humanitarian standards and principles.
Technical expertise, skills and knowledge:
- Minimum of 5 years humanitarian aid experience in complex and natural disasters.
- High level of all aspects of leadership and managerial experience, including managing multi-million Naira budgets.
- Strong understanding of the humanitarian emergency operating context, including Sphere, the humanitarian system, donors, security, civil military liaison and program management.
- Relevant language skills for the country of deployment.
- Experience in complex decision making and leading a multi-disciplinary, multi-national team under difficult circumstances.
- The highest level of expertise in representation and negotiation with governments and donors.
- Typical office environment, with travels to project locations
Level of contact with children:
- Low contact
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Please note this is a non-accompanied 24 month contract
Application Deadline 7th June, 2020.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the Plan International Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Plan International Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Plan International Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for Plan International Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Plan International Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Plan International Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|Plan International Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Plan International Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Plan International recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Plan International may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Union Bank of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||May 28, 2020||29th May, 2020|
|Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2019/2020||May 28, 2020||29th May, 2020|
|Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruitment 2019/2020||May 27, 2020||9th June, 2020|
|United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||5th June, 2020|
|Plan International Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||7th June, 2020|
|Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||31st May, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Plan International Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: