The Save the Children Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.nigeria.savethechildren.net recruitment, Save the Children Vacancies 2020 Application Form, Save the Children Jobs 2020, Save the Children Career Portal, Requirements for Save the Children Recruitment 2020, Save the Children Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||Save the Children|
|Deadline||5th August, 2020.|
Save the Children Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 Save the Children Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.nigeria.savethechildren.net.
Available Job Positions & Details
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children in need, with programs in over 120 countries, including the United States. We aim to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives by improving their health, education and economic opportunities. In times of acute crisis, we mobilize rapid assistance to help children recover from the effects of war, conflict and natural disasters. Each year, we and our partners reach millions of children in communities around the world. Join our dedicated and diverse staff in their work to improve the well-being of children everywhere.
The following positions are available at Save the Children. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Media and Communication Manager
Job ID: 2000041X
Location: Abuja / Country Office
Post Type: National
Employee Status: Fixed Term
Team / Programme: Advocacy and Campaigns
Level 3: The role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in-country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
- The Media and Communication Manager will undertake, coordinate, and manage the design and implementation of SCI Nigeria media, internal and external communications activities, including but not limited to producing briefing papers around Every Last Child Campaign, Girls Education Campaign, and Stop the War on Children campaign.
- The post-holder will manage Save the Children’s media work in Nigeria, harnessing the power of national and international media to help us achieve our advocacy, campaign, branding, programmatic and fundraising goals.
- Equally important will be raising awareness of humanitarian crises affecting children. The post holder also leads on the design and implementation of Media and Communications Strategy, with a special focus on enhancing the quality and frequency of internal and external communication products and media engagement.
- Media and Communication Manager will be a member of Extended Senior Management Team (ESMT).
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Director of Advocacy and Campaign
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Digital Media and Communication Officer; Intern/s
- Technical responsibility: writing, editing, communication, quality control and campaign
- Budget responsibility: None
Key Areas of Accountability
Strengthen internal and external communications capacity
- Manage information and communication flows between all in-country programs and a variety of internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure that the branding and communication guidelines of Save the Children are uniformly and consistently followed across the Nigerian Country Programme
- Plan, coordinate and manage strategic communications to increase engagement, visibility and voice for SCI’s programs
- Manage the production of high quality communication products (including but not limited to infographics, factsheets, e-newsletter, brochures etc) and its consistent circulation to internal staff
- Manage the development of internal documents for the different internal communications platforms and ensure its compliance with SCI branding guidelines
- Regularly contribute stories and story ideas to the global and members’ corporate website to support fundraising efforts
- Provide communications capacity building trainings to internal staff
- Ensure that SCI Nigeria events, key national, regional and global events are communicated well
- Ensure that SCI Nigeria communication and visibility products are up to the expected standards
- Establish and manage SCI Nigeria content bank
- Manage the quality and efficiency of SCI Nigeria Social Media Channels and Workplace
- Ensure that Child Safeguarding procedure are strictly followed when children are involved in SCI media, internal and external communications activities
- Establish and manage a systematic communications product resource center at the Country Office
- Regularly update SCI Nigeria country intranet; produce project and program specific factsheets, info packs, flyers, and posters
- Manage and regularly update SCI Nigeria’s corporate website with high quality design & contents
- Promote Every Last Child, Girls Education Campaign and Stop the War on Children campaign through innovative and diversified publications and communications products
- Strengthening the way we communicate about our advocacy and campaign through producing series of campaign presentations and other supporting innovative communication materials to be circulated internally and externally
Strengthen Media Engagement, Organizational Visibility and Brand:
- Develop and implement a media and communications strategy aligned to Save the Children’s national, regional and global advocacy, campaign and humanitarian priorities.
- Build and maintain relationships with key national and international journalists and media outlets.
- Arrange media briefings and act as a spokesperson when required.
- Coach and brief colleagues ahead of media interviews and build the communications capacity of staff in the Country Office for effective media engagement.
- Plan, commission and carry out the collection of multimedia content for Save the Children media teams around the world as well as national and international media outlets.
- Ensure proper sign-off of all media materials by the Country Director, Director of Advocacy and Campaigns, CSG Advisor and the Global/Regional Media Unit where appropriate.
- Does content management of the SCI Nigeria website and all social media channels.
- Provide overall media and communications support to Advocacy and Campaigns Department:
- Support the Director of Advocacy and Campaign and perform other duties and tasks as determined by the line manager
- Undertake effective media monitoring for the Country Office and maintain an up to date media database.
- Stay up to date on developments on media tools and trends, including social media, and train colleagues on these as needed.
- Work to ensure maximum visibility of Every Last Child Campaign, Girls Education Campaign and Centenary Commitment in the media in line with campaign objectives.
- Act as a focal point for media requests from Save the Children member organisations around the world, working closely with the Regional Media Manager and Communication Manager for West and Central Africa and Save the Children International’s Global Media Unit and Global Communication Unit.
- Work closely with the heads of thematic areas to develop key messages and promote programmatic goals in the media.
- Draft newsworthy media releases aligned to advocacy, campaigns and humanitarian priorities, and reactive statements as necessary.
- Develop core materials including Q&A, key messages, case studies, blogs, and talking points.
- Facilitate national and international media visits showcasing issues relevant to advocacy, campaigns and humanitarian priorities, including to the North East when appropriate.
- Assist in the preparation of crisis communications plans, including risk mitigation strategies around sensitive issues affecting children, and recognise red lines for messaging.
Additional Job Responsibilities
- The duties and responsibilities as set out above are not exhaustive and the role holder may be required to carry out additional duties within reasonableness of their level of skills and experience.
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI Equal Opportunities and Diversity policies and procedures.
- We need to keep children safe so our selection process, which includes rigorous background checks, reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
Safeguarding our Staff:
- The post holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with the SCI anti-harassment policy
Health and Safety:
- The role holder is required to carry out the duties in accordance with SCI Health and Safety policies and procedures.
- Internal: Advocacy, Campaigns and Policy Manager; Digital Media and Communication Officer; Humanitarian Information and Communication Coordinator; Community Engagement Coordinators; Project/Program and Area Managers; and all Advocacy & Campaign Unit staff members; Regional Communication Manager; Regional Media Manager; Global Communications Unit; Global Media Unit;
- External: Partner organisations, children, local communities, policymakers, media and communications firms
Competences and Behaviours (Our Values In Practice)
- Delivering results – Developing self and others – Working effectively with others – Communicating with impact
- Adhere to SCI Values: Accountability; Ambition; Collaboration; Creativity; Integrity
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages their team to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically and on a global scale.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to.
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks.
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency; demonstrates highest levels of integrity
Qualifications and Experience
- Master of Arts (MA) Degree in Media, Mass Communication or Print Journalism from a recognized higher educational institution
- Minimum of three years managerial work experience
- Commitment to SCI’s mission, values and approach
- Interest in child rights, public policy, research and development issues
- Ability to work well with people at all levels
- Strong initiative and self-motivation required, with a commitment to teamwork and effectiveness within a dynamic integrated project
- Ability and willingness to travel to project’s zones when required
- Fluency in English
- Demonstrated expert level ability in policy research, writing and communication skills.
- Proficient computer skills required, especially the ability to work comfortably in Adobe InDesign CS, Adobe Photoshop, Publisher, PPT, and expert in other communications and MS office package, layout and design software, applications
- Ability to work with people of different cultures
- Excellent interpersonal skills end ability to work successfully in team environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess priorities and handle multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines with attention to detail and quality
- Excellent organizational, communication, publications and presentation skills
- Ability to work and manage various projects in steam salting with limited supervision
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Save the Children does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process
Application Deadline 5th August, 2020.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the Save the Children Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest Save the Children Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum Save the Children Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for Save the Children Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for Save the Children Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent Save the Children Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|Save the Children Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|Save the Children Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include Save the Children recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though Save the Children may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Nigerian Army Hospitals Recruitment 2019/2020||August 12, 2020||11th September, 2020|
|9mobile Recruitment 2019/2020||August 11, 2020||Not Specified|
|May & Baker Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||August 11, 2020||24th August, 2020|
|Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2019/2020||August 11, 2020||14th August, 2020|
|Media Trust Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||August 10, 2020||Not Specified|
|World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2019/2020||August 10, 2020||28th August 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the Save the Children Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: