The Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form has been released for the 2018/2019 academic session. www.umyu.edu.ng admission form, UMYU Postgraduate Admission Portal, UMYU Postgraduate Application Form 2018/2019, UMYU Postgraduate Entry Requirements, How to Apply, Deadline available below.
UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form 2018/2019 advertisement has been released online. The Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina (UMYU) invites applications from suitably qualified applicants for admission into the Full-Time Postgraduate Programmes in the 2018/2019 academic year.
The UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form details like courses/programmes, entry requirement, campuses, application fees, selection process, admission form & how to apply, closing date/deadline and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website of the school www.umyu.edu.ng
Table of Contents
- UMYU Postgraduate Programmes
- UMYU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
- How to Apply for UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form
UMYU Postgraduate Programmes
FACULTY OF EDUCATION
Postgraduate Diploma in Education (PGDE)
- M.Ed. Curriculum and Instructions
- M.Ed. Educational Psychology
- M.Ed. Educational Management
- M.Sc. (Ed) Physics
- M.Sc. (Ed) Mathematics
- M.Sc. (Ed) Geography
- M.Sc. (Ed) Chemistry
- M.Sc. (Ed) Biology
- Postgraduate Diploma in Information and Record Management (PGDIRM)
FACULTY OF HUMANITIES
- M. A. Arabic
- Ph.D Arabic
Department of Nigerian Languages (Hausa)
- M.A. Hausa
- Ph.D. Hausa
Department of History and Sociology
- M.A History
- Ph.D. History
Department of Islamic Studies
- M. A. Islamic Studies
- Ph.D. Islamic Studies
Department of English and French
- M.A. English
FACULTY OF SOCIAL AND MANAGEMENT SCIENCES
- M.Sc. Economics
FACULTY OF NATURAL AND APPLIED SCIENCES
- M.Sc. Chemistry
Department of Geography
- Masters in Resource Development (MRD)
- M.Sc. Geography
- Ph.D. Geography
Department of Mathematics and Computer Science
- M.Sc. Computer Science
- M.Sc. Mathematics
Department of Biology
- M.Sc. Biology
Department of Physics
- M.Sc. Physics
Postgraduate Diploma 2 to 4 Semesters
Masters in Resource Development (MRD) – 2 to 4 Semesters
M.A./M.Sc./M.Sc.(Ed) 4 to 6 Semesters
Ph.D – 6 to 10 Semesters
UMYU Postgraduate Admission Requirements
Below are the specific and general admission requirements of the UMYU Postgraduate School:
- Graduates of recognized Universities;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) with a minimum of lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale or its equivalent in relevant areas;
- Holders of Higher National Diploma (HND) without Education obtained at credit level with a three years relevant postgraduate experience;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
- Candidates with third class degree in areas other than Education can be considered after three years relevant postgraduate experience. Those in the Education may be considered in their area of specialization;
- All candidates shall be subjected to a selection process.
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained the approved Bachelors Degree with at least Second-Class Honors (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale. Candidates with Second-Class Lower who do not make up CGPA of 3.00 must possess a Postgraduate Diploma from a recognized institution with at least a credit level pass (CGPA 3.50) in relevant areas.
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the ones listed above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University.
- Candidates who possess Higher National Diploma (HND) with at least a lower credit pass (CGPA 3.00) at a scale of 5 and at least a credit pass at Postgraduate Diploma (CGPA 3.50) of a recognized Institution;
- Candidates with any Bachelor’s degree in Third Class division who have at least five years relevant working experience.
MASTER OF PHILOSOPHY (M.Phil)
- Graduates of Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with a minimum CGPA of 3.00 on a 5 point scale shall be required to register for M.Phil/Ph.D and must score a minimum CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.d in the proposed area.
DEGREE OF DOCTOR OF PHILOSOPHY (Ph.D)
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained a good Masters Degree with CGPA of 4.00 appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Graduates of recognized Universities who have obtained Masters of Philosophy degree with CGPA of 3.50 on a 5 point scale to proceed for Ph.D in the appropriate to the proposed areas of study;
- Candidates must possess at least a Bachelors degree in Second Class lower division (CGPA 3.00) on a 5 point scale;
- Candidates who hold qualifications other than the above, which are acceptable to the Senate of the University;
- Candidate must state the proposed area of Research and submit a synopsis of not less than 500 words of the proposed topic of research.
How to Apply for UMYU Postgraduate Admission Form
- Interested candidates for all the Postgraduate Programmes can apply online via the University portal https://collegeportal.umyu.edu.ng/pg/applicant/index from Thursday, 8th November, 2018 to 5th March, 2019.
- The procedures of payment of application fees (N10, 500) are available at www.umyu.edu.ng or https://collegeportal.umyu.edu.ng/pg/applicant/index.
- All candidates are required to request their previous institutions to forward copies of their academic transcripts accompanied by Form B, to the Secretary Postgraduate School, Umaru Musa Yar’adua University, Katsina.
Duly completed application forms and supporting documents must be forwarded to the SECRETARY, POSTGRADUATE SCHOOL, UMARU MUSA YAR’ADUA UNIVERSITY, P.M.B., 2218, KATSINA not later than 5th March, 2019.
Click Here to Download UMYU Form B Request for Academic Transcripts.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: