The UN Women Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.unwomen.org recruitment, UN Women Vacancies 2020 Application Form, UN Women Jobs 2020, UN Women Career Portal, Requirements for UN Women Recruitment 2020, UN Women Recruitment Portal.
|Deadline||4th October, 2019|
UN Women Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 UN Women Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.unwomen.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
UN Women – In July 2010, the United nations General Assembly created UN Women, the United Nations Entity for Gender Equality and the Empowerment of Women. The creation of UN Women came about as part of the UN reform agenda, bringing together resources and mandates for greater impact. It merges and builds on the important work of four previously distinct parts of the UN system (DAW, OSAGI, INSTRAW and UNIFEM), which focused exclusively on gender equality and women’s empowerment.
The following positions are available at UN Women. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: National Evaluation Consultant
Location: Abuja, NIGERIA
Additional Category: Gender Equality
Type of Contract: Individual Contract
Post Level: National Consultant
Duration of Initial Contract: 30 Working Days
- UN Women is seeking to contract a National Evaluation Consultant to support the conduct of the Country Portfolio Evaluation. The National Evaluation Consultant will be contracted between October and December 2020. The estimated number of workingdays required is 30 days spread over a three-month period.
- Under the supervision of the lead evaluators from the Independent Evaluation Service (IES) of the Independent Evaluation and Audit Services (IEAS), the national consultant will provide support to Independent Evaluation Service-led country portfolio evaluation of the UN Women office in Nigeria. Specifically, the national consultant will:
- Support conduct of in-depth stakeholder analysis, with focus on the principle of ‘leave no one behind’, and analysis of partners of UN Women based on agreed criteria;
- Conduct initial desk review, and analysis of available reference material (e.g. country programme related documents, project documents, financial and operational data, evaluation reports, and national reports), and support the preparation of a concise inception report providing a context analysis for UN Women’s country programme; description of the UN Women’s programme and progress to date. The template of the inception report will be shared by IES.
- Based on the results of the preliminary analysis above, support identification, and mapping of the outcome theory of change, specific questions, gaps, and issues requiring validation during the field-based data mission. The theory of change will be validated with UN Women and national stakeholders during the data collection mission.
- Take part in data collection activities (interviews, surveys, focus group discussions etc) in accordance with the evaluation design and methodology as guided by the Independent Evaluation Service lead evaluation managers.
- Systematize information reported on results or contribution to outcomes and support the preparation of draft evaluation and final evaluation reports.
- Provide interview notes to the evaluation team. Be responsible for following up on individual work schedules (e.g., scheduling and conduct of required interviews and field visits) in consultation with the IES lead evaluation manager and the country office evaluation task manager.
- All data collected by the National Evaluation Consultant must be submitted to the evaluation manager in Word or Excel formats and is the property of UN Women. Proper storage of data is essential for ensuring confidentiality.
- All products are subject to quality review by the lead evaluators; the inception, draft and final evaluation report will be shared with the evaluation reference group, and the evaluation management group for quality review.
Required Skills and Experience
The National Evaluation Consultant is expected to possess the following profile:
- Advanced University degree (Master’s degree or equivalent) in a relevant Social Science (Development Studies, Peace and Security, Humanitarian Studies, Public Administration, Anthropology, International Relations).
- Sectoral knowledge of UN Women thematic areas: women economic empowerment, violence against women etc
- Good understanding of humanitarian principles and accepted norms and standards for humanitarian response;
- Technical knowledge, skills and expertise in gender responsive evaluation
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data collection, and analysis and synthesis skills
- Experience and strong facilitation skills and proven work experience in data collection including interviews and/or focus group discussions.
- Ability to work under strict deadlines and schedules.
- Added asset is knowledge of the role of UN Women or the UN system and its programming, coordination and normative roles at the country level.
Duties and Responsibilities
Management of Evaluation and responsibilities:
This evaluation will have the following structures:
- Evaluation Specialists of the Independent Evaluation and Audit Service will manage the coordination and day-to-day management and serve as the team leader, leading methodological approach, collection of data, analysis and writing;
- Evaluation team: evaluation team members may include an evaluation analyst responsible for key analytical tasks, systematization of information and contribution to analysis and report preparation; thematic expert/s to provide substantive feedback on the key thematic areas of UN Women Nigeria; National evaluator to support the data collection in country and provide key contextual information.
- Evaluation Management Group for administrative support and accountability: Country Representative, Assigned Evaluation Focal Point, Deputy Country Representative;
- Evaluation Reference Group for substantive technical support: UN Women programme, National government partners, Civil Society representatives, Development partners/donors, UNCT representatives.
- Report of Desk Review analysis submitted by lead consultant
- Tools for data collection submitted by lead consultant
- Report of the ERG meetings
Click on the following link to review the complete Terms of Reference (TOR): https://drive.google.com/file/d/1FIndUXK-_UPU45DcsW_9-DHu6DEByJX0/view?usp=sharing
Core Values and Guiding Principles:
- Demonstrates integrity by modelling UN Women values and ethical standards.
- Demonstrates a commitment to UN Women’s mission and vision.
- Able to work effectively within a team.
- Displays cultural and gender sensitivity and adaptability.
- Able to multi-task and juggle competing demands.
- Can assess and prioritize work needs quickly.
- Able to relate to external partners, including other international organizations and agencies, NGOs, grassroots community groups, etc.
Deadline: 4th October, 2020. (Midnight New York, USA).
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit the following documents to: [email protected]
Click here for more Information
Interested candidates should apply online following relevant instructions and deadline indicated in the call for applications. Candidates should submit:
- A letter of interest with indication of availability during the period of three consecutive months October to December 2020. The letter of intent should include a declaration of any involvement with any UN-Women work over the period, or potential partners, and that the candidate declare that there is no potential conflict of interest.
- A personal CV, not exceeding three pages. The candidate is highly encouraged to provide information in relation to relevant experience related to the evaluation in her/his CV.
- Two samples of evaluation reports or similar exercises recently authored by the candidate.
- Kindly ensure you reference the correct position name and number in the title of your submission email.
- Shortlisted candidates will be requested to take a short oral interview, and submit references as part of the final selection process. Payments will be done upon submission and satisfactory approval of the products listed in the ToR attached.
- As part of the contracting process, UN Women has developed a UN Women Evaluation Consultants Agreement Form for evaluators that must be signed, which is based on the UNEG Ethical Guidelines and Code of Conduct. These documents will be annexed to the contract.
- UNDP is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender, nationality and culture. Individuals from minority groups, indigenous groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. All applications will be treated with the strictest confidence.
- UNDP does not tolerate sexual exploitation and abuse, any kind of harassment, including sexual harassment, and discrimination. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks.
- This Country Portfolio Evaluation (CPE) seeks to provide an objective and systematic assessment of the performance and contributions made by UN Women Nigeria Office in respect to gender equality and the empowerment of women. Specifically, the CPE will assess the UN Women’s strategic positioning , and the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, and sustainability of the portfolio with reference to two Strategic Note cycles – 2014-2017 and 2018-2022.
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the UN Women Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest UN Women Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum UN Women Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for UN Women Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for UN Women Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent UN Women Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|UN Women Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|UN Women Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include UN Women recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though UN Women may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Justmedia Recruitment 2019/2020||July 6, 2020||16th July, 2020|
|Zee Rice Recruitment 2019/2020||July 6, 2020||31st July, 2020|
|Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 6, 2020||17th July, 2020|
|Mercy Corps Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||11th July, 2020|
|International Rescue Committee (IRC) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||Not Specified|
|Admiralty University of Nigeria (ADUN) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 3, 2020||16th July, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the UN Women Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: