The United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.ng.undp.org recruitment, United Nations Development Programme Vacancies 2020 Application Form, United Nations Development Programme Jobs 2020, United Nations Development Programme Career Portal, Requirements for United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020, United Nations Development Programme Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||United Nations Development Programme|
|Deadline||19th August, 2020|
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 United Nations Development Programme Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.ng.undp.org.
Available Job Positions & Details
United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), helps developing countries attract and use aid effectively. In all our activities, we encourage the protection of human rights, capacity development and the empowerment of women.
The following positions are available at the United Nations Development Programme. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Procurement Analyst
Job ID: 32062
Location: Abuja, Nigeria
Practice Area – Job Family: Management – Procurement
Contract Duration: 1 Year with possibility for extension
- Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Deputy Resident Representative (Operations) the Procurement Analyst is responsible for management of the Country Office Procurement Unit, effective delivery of procurement services in order to obtain the best value for money.
- He/she analyzes and interprets the financial rules and regulations and provides solutions to a wide spectrum of complex issues related to procurement.
- The Procurement Analyst promotes a collaborative, client-focused, quality and results-oriented approach in the Unit.
- The Procurement Analyst supervises and leads the staff of the Procurement Unit. The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the operations, programme and project teams in the CO, UNDP HQs staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Elaboration and implementation of operational strategies
- Management of procurement processes
- Introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools Control of CO Assets
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Ensures elaboration and implementation of operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper design and functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Implementation of contract strategy in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contractor appraisal, managing the contract and contractor, legal considerations and payment conditions, risk assessment.
- Implementation of the strategic procurement in the CO including sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation, quality management, customer relationship management, e-procurement introduction and promotion, performance measurement.
- CO Procurement business processes mapping and elaboration/establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in Procurement, control of the workflows in the Procurement Unit.
- Elaboration and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies.
Manages and guides procurement processes for the Country Office, NIM/DIM projects, and at the request of other Agencies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Timely and duly preparation of procurement plans for the office and projects and monitoring of their implementation.
- Implementation of proper monitoring and control of procurement processes including organization of RFQ, ITB or RFP, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, their evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UNDP rules and regulation.
- Elaboration of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched. Timely corrective actions on POs with budget check errors and other problems.
- Establishment of the procurement processes monitoring system and mechanisms to eliminate deficiencies in procurement.
- Preparation of cost-recovery bills in Atlas for procurement services provided by UNDP to other Agencies.
- Implementation of harmonized procurement services and elaboration of proposals on common services expansion in the UN House, introduction of joint procurement for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
- Review and certification of submissions to the Contract, Asset and Procurement Committee (CAP) and Advisory Committee on Procurement (ACP).
- Management of procurement contracts and, upon delegation of responsibility, performing the functions of Manager Level 1 in Atlas for Purchase orders approval.
Ensures introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and management of the rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Management of the e-procurement system
Ensures proper control of CO Assets focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Elaboration and implementation of inventory management.
- Implementation of Inventory and physical verification control in the CO and projects.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement.
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement.
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
- The key results have an impact on the overall CO efficiency in procurement management and success in introduction and implementation of operational strategies
- Strategic approach to procurement, accurate, thoroughly researched and documented information, timely and appropriate delivery of services, introduction of e-procurement ensure client satisfaction and overall timely delivery of UNDP programmes and projects.
- Demonstrates integrity by modeling the UN’s values and ethical standards
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of UNDP
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability
- Treats all people fairly without favoritism.
- Creates new opportunities for team, not just self to learn and take on new responsibilities
- Actively shares knowledge.
Communication and Relationship Management:
- Communicates ideas and positions with command and confidence
- Finds common ground to solve problem.
- Critically assesses established methods
- Contributes to prototyping, piloting, and evaluating lessons / feedback
- Demonstrates behaviors of teamwork, collaboration, knowledge sharing, maintaining relationships
- Embraces complex challenges and opportunities for getting work done
- Ability to embrace challenges with minimal supervision
- Works to develop organizational awareness of UNDP’s approach to client service delivery and integrity and accountability.
Knowledge Management and Learning:
- Promotes a knowledge sharing and learning culture in the office
- In-depth knowledge on development issues
- Ability to advocate and provide policy advice
- Actively works towards continuing personal learning and development in one or more Practice Areas, acts on learning plan and applies newly acquired skills.
Development and Operational Effectiveness:
- Ability to lead strategic planning, results-based management and reporting
- Ability to lead procurement processes using specific procurement methods (RFQ, ITB, RFP).
- Ability to introduce and implement strategic procurement, contract and sourcing strategy
- Ability to lead implementation of new systems (business side), and affect staff behavioral/ attitudinal change.
Management and Leadership:
- Focuses on impact and result for the client and responds positively to feedback
- Leads teams effectively and shows conflict resolution skills
- Builds strong relationships with clients and external actors
- Remains calm, in control and good humored even under pressure
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Consistently approaches work with energy and a positive, constructive attitude
- Demonstrates strong oral and written communication skills
Required Skills and Experience
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field.
- 2 years of relevant experience at the national or international level in procurement management.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- UNDP reserves the right to select one or more candidates from this vacancy announcement. We may also retain applications and consider candidates applying to this post for other similar positions with UNDP at the same grade level and with similar job description, experience and educational requirements
- Qualified female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply
- UNDP is committed to achieving diversity within its workforce, and encourages all qualified applicants, irrespective of gender, nationality, disabilities, sexual orientation, culture, religious and ethnic backgrounds to apply. All applications will be treated in the strictest confidence.
- The United Nations does not charge any application, processing, training, interviewing, testing or other fee in connection with the application or recruitment process. Should you receive a solicitation for the payment of a fee, please disregard it.
- Furthermore, please note that emblems, logos, names and addresses are easily copied and reproduced. Therefore, you are advised to apply particular care when submitting personal information on the web
Application Deadline 19th August, 2020.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest United Nations Development Programme Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Development Programme Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for United Nations Development Programme Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|United Nations Development Programme Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|United Nations Development Programme Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include United Nations Development Programme recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though United Nations Development Programme may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Nigerian Army Hospitals Recruitment 2019/2020||August 12, 2020||11th September, 2020|
|9mobile Recruitment 2019/2020||August 11, 2020||Not Specified|
|May & Baker Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||August 11, 2020||24th August, 2020|
|Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2019/2020||August 11, 2020||14th August, 2020|
|Media Trust Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||August 10, 2020||Not Specified|
|World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2019/2020||August 10, 2020||28th August 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the United Nations Development Programme Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: