The United Nations Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.un.org recruitment, United Nations Vacancies 2020 Application Form, United Nations Jobs 2020, United Nations Career Portal, Requirements for United Nations Recruitment 2020, United Nations Recruitment Portal.
|Deadline||30th May, 2020|
United Nations Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. The 2020 United Nations Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.un.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
The United Nations is the one international organization with the reach and vision capable of solving global problems. The United Nations Foundation links the UN’s work with others around the world, mobilizing the energy and expertise of business and non-governmental organizations to help the UN tackle issues including climate change, global health, peace and security, women’s empowerment, poverty eradication, energy access, and U.S.-UN relations.
The following positions are available at United Nations. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Intern – Public Information, I
Job Code Title: Intern Public Information
Department/Office: Department of Global Communications
Job Opening Number: 20-Public Information-DGC-133077-J-Lagos (A)
Staffing Exercise: N/A
Job Type: Temporary Job Opening)
Org. Setting and Reporting
- The Department of Global Communications/Strategic Communication division internship is for two months with an opportunity for extension, pending on the needs of the department and the availability of the candidate.
- The internship is UNPAID and full-time. Interns work five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
- This internship is located in the United Nations Information Centre (UNIC) in Lagos, within the Information Centers Service (ICS), Strategic Communications Division (SCD), Department of Global Communications (DGC).
Daily responsibilities will depend on the individual’s background; the intern’s assigned office as well as the internship period. Duties may include, but are not limited to:
- Compile Daily news headlines from Nigerian media indicating the main news articles of relevance to the United Nations;
- Ensure appropriate content is updated daily on the social media platforms of UNIC Lagos;
- Draft news articles and press releases on key events of the UN;
- Monitor activities of social media platforms of other UN entities in Nigeria to identify possible content useful for UNIC Lagos platforms;
- Participate in ongoing UN communication campaigns;
- Participate in and take notes of selected meetings of importance to the Centre;
- Draft statements/talking points/presentations for Director or NIO on events/activities of the Centre;
- Assist the back office with the implementation of administrative tasks (draft responses, filing, etc.)
- Contribute to the organization of commemorative events such UN days observances, UDHR and SDGs campaign, press conference, educational/Media outreaches, etc.;
- Prepare concept notes for events/support planning of events
- Monitor UN News and Media products from HQ to get those relevant to Nigeria.
- Communication: Speaks and writes clearly and effectively; listens to others, correctly interprets messages from others and responds appropriately; asks questions to clarify, and exhibits interest in having two-way communication; tailors language, tone, style and format to match audience; demonstrates openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
- Client Orientation: Considers all those to whom services are provided to be “clients” and seek to see things from their point of view. Establish and maintain productive partnerships with customers by gaining their trust and respect. Identify customer needs and find ways to meet them. Follow the evolution of the situation of customers, both inside and outside, in order to be able to anticipate the problems. Keep clients informed of the progress of projects. Meet deadlines for delivery of products or service delivery.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met: Applicants must meet one of the following requirements:
- Be computer literate in standard software applications;
- Have a demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and views.
- Be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher);
- Be enrolled in the final academic year of a first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or
- Have graduated with a university degree (as defined above) and, if selected, must commence the internship;
- Applicants to the UN Internship Programme are not required to have professional work experience. However, a field of study that is closely related to the type of internship that you are for is desirable
- English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. Fluency in English is required for the internship. Knowledge of Hausa, Igbo or Yoruba languages is desirable.
- Only Potential candidates will be contacted by the hiring manager directly for further consideration.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
A completed online application (Cover Note and Personal History Profile) is required. Incomplete applications will not be reviewed.
The Cover Note must include:
- Title of Degree you are currently pursuing?
- Graduation Date (When will you graduate or when did you graduate from the program?)
- List the IT skills and programs that you are proficient in.
- List your top three areas of interest.
- Explain why you are the best candidate for this specific internship.
- Explain your interest in the United Nations Internship Program. In your online Personal History Profile,
Be sure to include all past work experiences, IT skills, and three references.
Note: Due to the high volume of applications received, ONLY successful candidates will be contacted
Application Deadline 30th May, 2020.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the United Nations Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest United Nations Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United Nations Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for United Nations Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for United Nations Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent United Nations Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|United Nations Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|United Nations Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include United Nations recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though United Nations may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Union Bank of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||May 28, 2020||29th May, 2020|
|Action Against Hunger Recruitment 2019/2020||May 28, 2020||29th May, 2020|
|Centre for Democracy and Development (CDD) Recruitment 2019/2020||May 27, 2020||9th June, 2020|
|United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||5th June, 2020|
|Plan International Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||7th June, 2020|
|Catholic Relief Services Recruitment 2019/2020||May 26, 2020||31st May, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the United Nations Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: