The United States Pharmacopeia Convention (USP) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.usp.org recruitment, United States Pharmacopeia Convention Vacancies 2020 Application Form, United States Pharmacopeia Convention Jobs 2020, United States Pharmacopeia Convention Career Portal, Requirements for United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment 2020, United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||United States Pharmacopeia Convention (USP)|
|Deadline||26th May, 2020|
United States Pharmacopeia Convention (USP) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 United States Pharmacopeia Convention Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.usp.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
The United States Pharmacopeia Convention (USP) is a scientific nonprofit organization that sets standards for the identity, strength, quality, and purity of medicines, food ingredients, and dietary supplements manufactured, distributed and consumed worldwide. USP’s drug standards are enforceable in the United States by the Food and Drug Administration, and these standards are used in more than 140 countries.
At USP everything we do is in service of our mission to help protect and improve the health of people around the world. From the standards we create to the partnerships we foster, we continually work to build and reinforce a foundation that draws us closer to a world where everyone can be confident of quality in health and healthcare.
The following positions are available at United States Pharmacopeia Convention. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Procurement & Logistics Officer, PQM+
Summary of the Position
- The Procurement and Logistics Officer position for the Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+ ) Program, a Cooperative Agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- Under the general direction of the Senior Finance & Operations Manager in coordination with Chief of Paty, the Procurement & Logistics Officer will conduct procurement activities for the USP PQM+ Office, including but not limited to procuring goods and services in accordance with USAID other donor agency and USP policies and standards, and providing guidance, advice and support to ensure procurement processes are effective, efficient, compliant, and ethical to achieve the best possible value to USP and USAID.
- The Procurement & Logistics Officer will also conduct administrative and logistical activities related to the implementation of the annual work plan, including responsible for all domestic/international travel and meeting / workshop/ training arrangements for the staff, NAFDAC, Federal Ministry of Health, and other stakeholders.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Ensure each procurement process is conducted in compliance wit USP and USA policies and procedures and ensure all relevant supporting documents are in place.
- Proactively contact vendors to conduct due diligence for procurement process and perform other relevant vendor screenings as required based on USP, USAID and donor policies and procedures.
- Prepare and analyze the following procurement documents according to the SOPs:
- Procurement Request
- Bid Analysis
- Vendor Selection Memo, Application for Appointment, and Reference Checklist
- Purchase Order or Contract
- Coordinate with USP Procurement, Contracts & Grants staff for necessary HQ approval for the procurements above Chief of Party (CoP) signature authority threshold.
- Draft contract documents (vendor contracts / agreements, consultant agreements, work orders, etc.), coordinate with USP Contracts & Grants staff for Legal approval, as needed, and liaises with vendor to fully execute contract documents
- Coordinate with Finance to issue Purchase Order (if applicable) and monitor invoices/payments per the Terms and Conditions in the Contract and/or Purchase Order.
- Coordinate with Finance related to VAT / GST Exemptions/ Reimbursements.
- Track government property, as applicable, and provide necessary information/documentation during the annual audit, as needed.
- Coordinate operational vehicle and monitor the utilization, including an arrangement of optional transportation as needed.
- Conduct travel arrangements and meeting workshop / training arrangements in coordination with relevant program staff
- Conduct daily office functions, such as maintaining inventory and office supplies, coordination with building management.
- handle petty cash in line with the applicable policy and procedure, ensure relevant documents are in place related payment / report is processed / prepared accurately and in a timely manner, and replenishment is done in a timely manner.
- Maintain a comprehensive and efficient filling system to document all procurement transactions.
- Supports Senior Finance & Operations Manager preparation and coordination of the audit process.
- Perform other related procurement and administration tasks as required by the Senior Finance & Operations Manager and the Chief of Pany (CoP),
- Bachelor’s degree in Administration, Finance, Accounting, Tax or other relevant field
- Three or more (3+) years of experience performing similar duties as Procurement & Logistics Assistant or Operations Offices.
- Two or more (2+) years of experience with USAID procurement flues and regulations
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities (KSAs):
- Familiarity with USAID procurement rules and regulations and knowledge of service agreements/contracts management is preferred.
- Hard-working and attention to detail is essential.
- Ability to handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment and meeting deadlines; results-oriented
- Excellent in Microsoft Office and Inventory Management System skills.
- Excellent organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Must be committed and competent towards the challenges related to the job.
- Good negotiations skills and must be able to meet deadlines.
- Fluency in National Language and proficiency in written and oral English required.
2. Job Title: Chief of Party – Nigeria
Job ID: 1634-679
Full: Time / Regular
Summary of Position
- The Chief of Party is the Country lead management position for the Promoting the Quality of Medicines Plus (PQM+) Program, a Cooperative Agreement between the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) and the United States Pharmacopeia (USP).
- The Chief of Party provides overall in-country leadership for Strategy, management, and program implementation to achieve the PQM+ goal towards sustainably strengthening medical product quality assurance systems
- (S)he ensures consistent, effective, and compliant country program operations and the timely delivery of products that meet work plan objectives that are aligned with the priority needs of the country quality assurance system and stakeholders expectations.
- The Chief of Party serves as the primary liaison with USAID, relevant government agencies, and key stakeholders to ensure achievement of program deliverables, and to ensure that PQM+ activities complement on-going initiatives.
- The Chief of Party will manage a team of staff In achieving program results while maintaining operational excellence. This position is contingent upon funding being awarded.
Roles and Responsibilities
Program leadership and oversight (50%):
- Provide strategic leadership and oversight for overall management of the PQM+ country program.
- This includes but is not limited to leading program design and developing work plans, leading overall implementation of project activities, and setting performance targets to meet priority needs of the country quality assurance systems and stakeholders’ expectations;
- Lead the implementation of program activities, monitor program progress, account for deliverables, monitor that the implementation of PQM+ activities are of high quality, and produce timely quarterly and annual progress reports;
- Accountable for the overall program operations, financial and contractual management, and compliance with USAID regulations.
- Oversees the accuracy, clarity, and quality of progress reports and Other project documentation necessary for USAID reporting, ensuring they are completed in accordance with USAID and USP policies and procedures and submitted in a timely manner;
- In conjunction with program leadership, is instrumental in facilitating country startup, including mission buy-in, staffing, and logistics;
- Oversee all human resources and personnel management issues and tasks, including recruitment, onboarding of local staff and performance management to ensure compliance of established policies and procedures
- Manage teams of in-country and HQ staff to accomplish technical excellence in the delivery of program activities and in the M&E, learning, and communication of program results;
- Supervise a team of technical, program management and operations staff and ensure strong communication and coordination with PQM+ management and other relevant USP Rockville-based staff
Stakeholder engagement (30%):
- Provide a leading voice for advocacy on medicines quality assurance systems strengthening by active participation in national committees, advisory groups, and contribute to the formulation of national policies in pharmaceuticals;
- Represent the PQM+ Program and increase the program’s visibility among key stakeholder through networking and active participation at relevant meetings and forums; engage with other Implementing Partners to take advantage of opportunities for leveraging existing Initiatives and sharing of best practices;
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with senior government officials, head of Agencies, leaders of pharmaceutical associations, donors, and other in-country stakeholders;
- Responsible for USAID relationship management serving as PQM+ representative to USAID mission.
Risk management (20%):
- Reviews and implements USP PQM+ policies, procedures, and practices; recommend improvements to processes and controls to improve compliance and mitigate risks
- Monitors and promotes compliance within-country staff (e.g., through quarterly check-ins focused on issues and risks). flagging and mitigating potential risks early
- Proactively raises any risks to USP PQ+ leadership team, helping to identify resolution, and developing strategies to mitigate future issues
- Country staff, Technical specialists, Finance & admin resources, etc.
- Job: Category Global Public Health
- Master’s degree in a Health-related field required
- Minimum of 12 years of professional experience in the successful implementation of donor-funded programs with a minimum of 8 years’ relevant experience leading and managing diverse teams on USAIO- funded global health program implementation and project management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID rules, regulations and reporting requirements
- Deep understanding of pharmaceutical management issues in public health programs and challenges for meeting global health objectives
- Ph.D. in a health-related field
- Expertise in health systems strengthening preferred.
- Physician, pharmacist or other health profession qualification highly desirable
- Extensive experience leading effective, timely, and quality implementations of donor-funded (particularly USAID-funded) global health or international development projects
- Significant experience working with high-level officials in USAID and country governments
- Existing relationship with key donors and implementing partners working on health and pharmaceutical systems strengthening preferred
- Strong people management skills, including of virtual, matrixed teams
- Excellent client relationship management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in cross-cultural settings.
- Ability to demonstrate the highest degree of ethics and integrity.
- Ability to travel up to 25% time.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Resume to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the mail.
Note: Only candidates with relevant qualifications will be shortlisted
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer:
- USP is proud to be an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. Employment selection and related decisions are made without regard to sex, race, age, disability, religion, national origin, color, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other protected class. We are committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities
Application Deadline 26th May, 2020.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include United States Pharmacopeia Convention recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though United States Pharmacopeia Convention may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Federal University of Technology, Owerri (FUTO) Recruitment 2019/2020||June 3, 2020||14th July, 2020|
|Flour Mills of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||June 3, 2020||Not Specified|
|International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies (IFRC) Recruitment 2019/2020||June 3, 2020||9th June, 2020|
|Dangote Group Recruitment 2019/2020||June 3, 2020||19th June, 2020|
|Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2019/2020||June 2, 2020||15th June, 2020|
|United Nations International Children’s Emergency Fund Recruitment 2019/2020||June 2, 2020||13th June, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the United States Pharmacopeia Convention Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: