The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.wahooas.org recruitment, West African Health Organisation Vacancies 2020 Application Form, West African Health Organisation Jobs 2020, West African Health Organisation Career Portal, Requirements for West African Health Organisation Recruitment 2020, West African Health Organisation Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||West African Health Organisation (WAHO)|
|Deadline||30th July, 2020|
West African Health Organisation (WAHO) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 West African Health Organisation Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.wahooas.org.
Table of Contents
- Available Job Positions & Details
- 1. Job Title: Procurement Specialist
- 2. Job Title: Animal Health Programme Officer, Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC)
- 3. Job Title: Special Advisor for Capacity Building and Organisation Development
- 4. Job Title: Individual Consultant for the Final Evaluation of the Project “Moving Maternal Newborn and Child Health Evidence into Policy in West Africa (MEP)”
- How to Apply
Available Job Positions & Details
The West African Health Organisation (WAHO), a specialised institution of ECOWAS, has received grants from the World Bank for the implementation of several projects (REDISSE, SWEDD, SM/NTD and WAMRH) and intends to use part of the REDISSE Project grant to make payments under the contract.
The following positions are available at West African Health Organisation . Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Procurement Specialist
Reference No: FM/TEND/AMI/2020/01/bk
Location: Bobo-ioulasso, Burkina Faso
Duration: 1 year contract
- The West African Health Organisation (WAHO) is the health institution of the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS), with a mandate to ensure the attainment of the highest possible standard and protection of health of the people in the EOWAS region.
- Within the framework of the Regional “Reproductive Health and HIV Prevention Programme in the Economic Community of West African States (ECOWAS)”, WAHO and the German Financial Cooperation
- (Kreditanstaltfiir Wiederaufbau / KFW) have agreed to establish a Regional Financing Mechanism for Reproductive Health Commodities.
- It is against this backdrop that WAHO seeks to recruit a qualified and experienced Procurement Specialist.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The Procurement Specialist for the Contraceptive Commodity Procurement Fund (CPF) of the Regional Financing Mechanism (RPM) will be responsible for assisting the RRHP/RFM Officer on a daily basis to effectively and efficiently execute activities, in particular those related to the implementation of the Commodity Procurement Fund (CPF).
Specifically. the Consultant’s tasks and responsibilities will consist of:
- Develop a database to monitor the quantification and distribution of(national) products;
- Review CPF funding requests from beneficiaries;
- Monitor and control the contraceptive commodity procurement process:
- Check the completeness of the tender documents;
- Check tender publications;
- Check bid review (evaluation report); Prepare draft contracts and official contracts;
- Follow-up on orders;
- Follow-up (in deliveries;
- Fill in the RFM contract monitoring plan;
- Organize and ensure efficient physical and electronic archiving of procurement documents;
- Monitor with the beneficiaries, the stocks of products procured by the programme; if necessary, make recommendations for commodity transfer;
- Contribute to the EWS (Early Warning System) and management of the national stock monitoring tool (PPMR) from a Total Market perspective;
- Accompany the Expert – Technical Assistant during visits to the countries covered by the Programme, and if necessary conduct country-visits independently and/or with other programme stakeholders (external consultant, donors, etc.).;
- Perform any other tasks within and in support of the management unit upon the request of the RFM Programme Officer;
- Conduct procurement activities in liaison with the Procurement Unit of WAHO.
Duration, Duty Station and Nature of Appointment
- This is a WAHO consultant and donor-funded position. The appointment will be for one (1) year subject to initial three (3) months’ probation.The contract may be renewed subject to the performance and the availability of project funds,The incumbent shall enjoy an attractive consolidated remuneration. The Procurement Specialist will be based at WAHO Headquarters in Bobo-Dioulasso, BURKINA FASO, but will travel in the ECO WAS region as required.
- Consultants interested in this notice are invited to express their interest. They should provide information showing that they have the required qualifications and relevant experience to perform the services (Cover letter indicating the position applied for, detailed Curriculum Vitae – including description of past similar assignments, and experience – and copies of supporting documents).
- The consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for the selection of individual consultants set out in the ECOWAS Procurement Code.
Qualification, Experience and Core Competencies
- Have a Bachelor’s Degree (or equivalent) in Management, Economies, Law, Engineering, Procurement, Health, Pharmacy or other related disciplines;
- Have a specialization / competence in health inputs procurement and inventory management
- Have at least five (5) years of professional experience in managing procurement process operations in a public or private institution;
- Demonstrated skills in the review of technical dossiers and in the preparation of tender documents in the pharmaceutical sector will be an advantage;
- Knowledge of central stores in the ECOWAS region and their organisation and management method will be an advantage;
- Experience with international donors’ procurement regulations, procedures and standard documents;
- Have professional experience in supporting and monitoring the supply chain management system
2. Job Title: Animal Health Programme Officer, Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC)
Reference No: FM/TEND/AMI/2020/07/bk/spm/apm
Location: Bamako, Mali
Duration: 1 year contract
- ECOWAS, cognizant of the need to equip itself with an adequate tool for the management of animal health actions, established through the Additional Act A/SA.20/02/12, the Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC) in Bamako in February 2012. The RAHC serves as a specialized technical entity of the Community on animal health issues. In alignment with the “One Health’ approach, the mission assigned to the RAHC complements that of the West African Health Organisation (WAHO), the ECO WAS specialized institution in human health created in 1987 and operational since 2000.
- It is in this context that ECOWAS requested and received funding from the World Bank to implement the Regional Disease Surveillance Systems Enhancement Project in West Africa (RED1SSE). The main objective of the project. which covers the fifteen ECOWAS States and Mauritania, is to strengthen national and regional inter-sectoral capacity to ensure better collaboration on disease surveillance and epidemic preparedness in West Africa by addressing weaknesses in human and animal health systems that hinder surveillance and effective disease response.
- It is within this framework that WAHO is seeking applications from qualified and experienced individuals for the recruitment of an Animal Health Programme Officer on behalf of the Regional Animal Health Centre (RAHC) in Bamako, Mali.
Roles and Responsibilities
Under the supervision of the Executive Director of the RAJIC. the Animal Health Programme Officer will as part of his/her main functions and responsibilities, ensure the technical implementation of the RAHC’s activities in the field of Transboundary Animal Diseases (TAOs) and Zoonosis. More specifically, he/she will:
- Improve the animal disease and zoonotic disease notification system in accordance with ECOWAS, OIE and WHO standards;
- Strengthen epidemiological surveillance of Transboundary Animal Diseases (TADs) and zoonosis through technical and logistical support to national epidemio-surveillance networks;
- Inform Member States on the regional situation and the risk of incursion and/or spread of TADs and zoonosis;
- Promote capacity building of national and regional diagnostic laboratories and monitoring of regional laboratory networks;
- Promote capacity building of national epidemiological units and monitoring of national and regional epidemiological surveillance networks:
- Harmonize national emergency response plans for the control of TADs and zoonotic agents;
- Monitor, evaluate and enforce animal disease and zoonotic control measures (slaughter, vaccination campaigns) to prevent their spread to humans;
- Monitor the sub-regional mechanism for the prevention and control of TAOs and zoonotic diseases in close collaboration with other partners;
- Implement the REDISSE project activities by the RAHC as well as submit quarterly reporting.
Duration, Location and Nature of the Post
- This is a consultant position at the Bamako Regional Animal Health Centre (CSRA/Bamako). The duration of the contract is one (I) year subject to a probationary period of three (3) months. The contract may be renewed during the duration of the project depending on performance and availability of funds.
- The place of employment of the Programme Officer in Animal Health is the headquarters of the RAHC in Bamako. He or she will catty out missions to ECO WAS Member States.
- Duly qualified Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
- Individuals interested in this notice are invited to express their interest. They will be required to provide information attesting to the qualifications and skills required (cover letter indicating the position, a detailed curriculum vitae, including descriptions of similar assignments and experiences, and copies of supporting documents).
- The required consultant will be selected in accordance with the procedures for selecting individual consultants as set out in the Guidelines: Selection and Employment of Consultants by World Bank Borrowers (January 2011 edition, revised version in July 2014) available on the World Bank website.
Qualifications, experience and Skills Required
To be qualified, candidates must meet the following conditions:
- Have a university degree in Veterinary Medicine or any other equivalent degree in veterinary
- Have at least ten (10)years of experience in the mentioned fields:
- Have proven professional experience its national and regional institutions in the field of TAOs and zoonosis;
- A good knowledge of animal health in the ECOWAS region would be an advantage;
- Have a solid knowledge of animal health policies, strategies and legislation in ECOWAS countries;
- Have team leader, trainer and facilitator skills;
- The candidate should be proficient in one language of ECOWAS. Proficiency in a second or third language will be an advantage;
- Satisfy the other competencies mentioned in the terms of reference.
3. Job Title: Special Advisor for Capacity Building and Organisation Development
Reference No: FM/TEND/AMI/2020/03/bk
Location: Bobo- Dioulasso, Burkina Faso
- The West African Health Organisation (WAHO), intends to recruit a Special Advisor for Capacity Building and Organisational Development, under a USAID-funded project aimed at strengthening the capacity of WAHO to become the lead health institution in the region for policy harmonization and advocacy, and to promote public-private partnerships for health.
- In addition, the project aids WAHO in identifying, sharing, and supporting the scaling-up of best practices in health in West Africa, as well as operationalizing the ECOWAS regional Health Information Systems’ policy.
General and Specific Objectives:
- The Consultant shall assist WAHO in the implementation of a full range of activities to improve performance and enhance leadership, management, and governance.
The Specific Objectives are:
- Strengthen WAHO’s and Member States’ capacity in Leadership and Governance;
- Train trainers in Leadership and Governance;
- Strengthen WAHO’s communication capacity;
- Provide technical support to the DG;
- Provide support in developing proposals for resource mobilization.
Key Skills, Technical Background and Experience Required
- A Master’s degree or higher qualification in Management, Business Administration, Public Health, Finance, Health Economics, Economic Policy Management or any other relevant field from an accredited university;
- Additional certificate/qualification in Human Resource Management would be an advantage;
- Demonstrable experience in capacity building or performance improvement for local organizations/institutions;
- At least seven (7) years’ experience in the development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of capacity building policies;
- A sound knowledge of the socio-eeonomic situation of the ECO WAS region;
- ECOWAS citizen with proficiency in one of the ECOWAS official languages (English/French/Portuguese), supported with evidence. Knowledge of a second or third language will be an advantage;
- Proven supervisory and management skills;
- Demonstrable experience in capacity building or performance improvement for organisations or institutions;
- Experience working with donor institutions will be an advantage.
Duration, Duty Station and Nature of Appointment:
- This is a USAID- funded Consultancy. The Special Advisor shall be appointed for a period of one (1) year subject to three (3) months’ probation. The contract may be renewed based on satisfactory performance and availability of funds. The incumbent will enjoy attractive consolidated remuneration.
- The Special Adviser will be based at WAHO Headquarters in Bobo- Dioulasso, Burkinafaso.
4. Job Title: Individual Consultant for the Final Evaluation of the Project “Moving Maternal Newborn and Child Health Evidence into Policy in West Africa (MEP)”
Reference N°N° MEP/TEND/AMI/2020/05/bk
Location: West Africa
Slot: 2 Openings
- The West African Health Organisation (WAILO), a specialized Institution of ECO WAS, has received grants from the international Development Research Centre (IDRC) for the implementation of the ‘Moving Maternal, Newborn and Child Health Evidence into Policy in West Africa” (MP) and intends to use part of this giant to make payments under the following contract: “Recruitment of two (2) individual consultants for the final evaluation of the project “Moving maternal newborn and child health evidence into policy in West Africa (MEP)”.
- The study will be divided into two zones: Francophone zone composed of Benin, Burkina Faso, Mali and Senegal and Anglophone zone composed of Ghana and Nigeria.
- The general objective of the evaluation is to study the realization of the role of the Health Policy and Research Organisation of the West African Health Organisation as defined in the IMCHA initiative.
Services to be provided by consultants:
- Analyse the contribution of WAHO to the ownership of Innovating for maternal and child health in Africa (IMCUA) funded projects and their results by the authorities of the implementing countries;
- Identify the capacity building and mutual learning that WAHO has provided to the research teams and document their contributions to the Implementation and dissemination of project results;
- Determine WAHO’s contribution to facilitating knowledge transfer to improve the use of research findings to influence policy in countries.
Duration of the mission:
- This evaluation will be carried out over a period of two (2) months with a maximum intervention time of 22 working day far each of the consultants.
The assignment will be carried out by two individual consultants with the following qualifications:
- Hold at least one postgraduate degree (Master’s or Doctorate) in Public Health or Social Sciences;
- Have at least 10 years’ experience in public health issues, MNCH in sub-Saharan Africa;
- Have conducted at least three (3) health projects or programme evaluation missions.
- Have developed and published at least one article on the results of a project evaluation;
- Have a good knowledge of French or English speaking countries of West Africa.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should express their interest by submitting their application by email to: [email protected] the subject of the email must indicate the position for which you are applying
- Additional information can be obtained at the following times: Monday-Friday 08:00 – 16:00 GMT with the Contact person at WAHO at this address: Mme Lalaissa Amoukou – [email protected]
- WAHO or KFW shall not bear any costs or expenses incurred by the individual Consultant in connection with the preparation or submission of the EOI.
- Qualified consultant may download the TORs on WAHO website at the following address: www.wahooas.org
Application Deadline 30th July, 2020.
Things To Know Before Applying
To apply for the West African Health Organisation Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest West African Health Organisation Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum West African Health Organisation Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for West African Health Organisation Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for West African Health Organisation Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent West African Health Organisation Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|West African Health Organisation Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|West African Health Organisation Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include West African Health Organisation recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though West African Health Organisation may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Federal Ministry of Water Resources (FGN) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 13, 2020||7th August, 2020|
|Merit Telecoms (NIG) Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||14th July, 2020|
|Achieving Health Nigeria Initiative (AHNi) Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||1st April, 2020|
|KPMG Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||July 10, 2020||Not Specified|
|Norwegian Refugee Council Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||8th July, 2020|
|United Nations World Food Programme Recruitment 2019/2020||July 9, 2020||5th August, 2020.|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the West African Health Organisation Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: