The World Bank Group Recruitment 2020/2021 advertisement has been released and available below. www.worldbank.org recruitment, World Bank Group Vacancies 2020 Application Form, World Bank Group Jobs 2020, World Bank Group Career Portal, Requirements for World Bank Group Recruitment 2020, World Bank Group Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||World Bank Group|
|Deadline||26th January, 2020|
World Bank Group Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 World Bank Group Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.worldbank.org.
Table of Contents
Available Job Positions & Details
The World Bank Group – Established in 1944, the WBG is one of the world’s largest sources of funding and knowledge for development solutions. In fiscal year 2018, the WBG committed $67 billion in loans, grants, equity investments and guarantees to its members and private businesses, of which $24 billion was concessional finance to its poorest members. It is governed by 188-member countries and delivers services out of 120 offices with nearly 15,000 staff located globally.
The following positions are available at World Bank Group. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
1. Job Title: Sr Governance / Financial Management Specialist
Job #: req5550
Term Duration: 3 years 0 months
Recruitment Type: International Recruitment
- The World Bank Group is one of the largest sources of funding and knowledge for developing countries; a unique global partnership of five institutions dedicated to ending extreme poverty, increasing shared prosperity and promoting sustainable development. With 189 member countries and more than 120 offices worldwide, we work with public and private sector partners, investing in groundbreaking projects and using data, research, and technology to develop solutions to the most urgent global challenges.
- Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? Working at the World Bank Group provides a unique opportunity for you to help our clients solve their greatest development challenges.
Governance Global Practice
- The Governance Global Practice helps countries build capable, effective, accountable, transparent and inclusive institutions that deliver citizen-centric services, facilitate private-sector growth and build trust in Government.
- Domestic Revenue Mobilization (DRM)/Tax Administration,
- Decentralization and Sub-national Governance, and
- Financial Management Fiduciary Assurance for Bank-financed Operations; as well as three Cross-Cutting Themes: GovTech, Anti-Corruption and Political Economy.
- State-owned Enterprises and Corporate Governance,
- Our work program comprises six core Business Lines:
- Public Financial Management (PFM),
- Public Institutions Reform,
EA2G2 Unit & Program in Nigeria
- The position is focused on providing Financial Management (FM) fiduciary assurance for Bank-financed operations in Nigeria, which comprises one of the largest World Bank portfolios across the world, with net commitments of over US$ 10 billion in operations implemented by over 170 project implementation units across all states.
- As such, the position requires strong hands-on advisory and operational contributions to the fiduciary arrangements of Program for Results (PforRs) and Investment Project Financing (IPF), and strengthening of associated sector FM systems.
- The EA2G2 Unit covers the Governance Global Practice program in Nigeria, Angola, Sao Tome and Principe, and Central African countries (Cameroon, Equatorial Guinea, Gabon, Burundi, Central African Republic, Democratic Republic of Congo, and Republic of Congo).
- While the overall business climate in Africa is the weakest in the world, several countries including some fragile states have made great strides in improving their environment for business. What is emerging as a result is a growing region, with setbacks from time to time, that is increasingly seen as a destination for investment as much as for aid; and one where leaders are increasingly willing to address problems of poor governance that harms development effectiveness.
- The Africa Region, which is comprised of approximately 900 staff members, mostly based in 38 field offices, is committed to helping Africa realize its considerable development potential, with a focus on employment generation.
World Bank Africa: https://www.worldbank.org/en/region/afr
- You will be under the supervision of the Governance Practice Manager for the EA2G2 Unit and will work in coordination with other EA2G2 team members based in HQ and the field, as well as colleagues from Procurement, other Global Practices, Finance & Accounting (Loans),and from the Nigeria Country Management Unit (CMU) – AFCW2.
- Support the Practice Manager in work program discussions, business development and supervising the quality and timeliness of work program deliverables
- Provide high quality FM fiduciary assurance services, including assessing the adequacy of operations’ FM arrangements, providing FM implementation support and supervising operations financed by loans and grants, ensuring compliance with the Bank’s audit and other FM requirements, performing analytical work on FM and accountability issues, and carrying out capacity building activities, all with due attention to quality assurance arrangements.
- Generate and exchange knowledge relating to FM issues.
- Promote effective reliance on country systems as deemed appropriate, greater use of technology for fiduciary due diligence and implementation support, and streamlining of FM and disbursement processes.
- Provide advice and support to other World Bank sector operations and policy dialogue related to sector public financial management systems and institutions.
- Contribute to corporate tasks such as the preparation of country briefs and inputs to thematic notes.
- At least 8 years of relevant experience.
- Directly relevant experience and knowledge in FM fiduciary assurance services.
- Strong knowledge of public financial management systems.
- You will be a professional with solid operational experience on lending and non-lending instruments by the World Bank and / or other multilateral lending institutions, including trust-funded and result-based lending.
- Qualified professional accountant (CPA, CA, ACCA or equivalent membership of an internationally recognized professional accountancy body) with a Master’s degree in accounting, public financial management, finance, or another related field.
- Strong integrative skills.
- Fluency in English.
- Work experience in fragile and conflict-afflicted environments desired.
- Strong experience in World Bank or other multi-lateral development banks’ operations.
- Experience in quality control of the outputs of junior staff and consultants.
- Strong team player with the ability to work independently and effectively both remotely and face-to-face.
The World Bank Group Core Competencies: https://bit.ly/2kbIA7O
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply online
Application Deadline 26th January, 2020. (Time – 11:59pm UTC)
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the World Bank Group Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest World Bank Group Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum World Bank Group Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for World Bank Group Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for World Bank Group Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent World Bank Group Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|World Bank Group Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|World Bank Group Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include World Bank Group recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though World Bank Group may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Society for Family Health (SFH) Recruitment 2019/2020||January 28, 2020||3rd February, 2020|
|Citibank Nigeria Limited Recruitment 2019/2020||January 28, 2020||Not Specified|
|Airtel Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||January 28, 2020||Not Specified|
|KPMG Nigeria Recruitment 2019/2020||January 27, 2020||Not Specified|
|9mobile Recruitment 2019/2020||January 27, 2020||Not Specified|
|Spearfish Security West Africa Recruitment 2019/2020||January 27, 2020||31st January, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the World Bank Group Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends:
See more Post about: