The World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2020/2020 advertisement has been released and available below. www.who.int recruitment, World Health Organization Vacancies 2020 Application Form, World Health Organization Jobs 2020, World Health Organization Career Portal, Requirements for World Health Organization Recruitment 2020, World Health Organization Recruitment Portal.
|Organization||World Health Organization (WHO)|
|Deadline||9th April, 2020|
World Health Organization (WHO) Recruitment 2020 advertisement has been published for the various positions available below. All Eligible and Interested applicants may apply online for the available vacancies before the recruitment application deadline. 2020 World Health Organization Job Recruitment details like education qualification, requirement, location, stipend & salary scale, selection process, application form & how to apply, closing date, important links and others are available below on seviportal.com as well as on the official website www.who.int.
Available Job Positions & Details
World Health Organization (WHO) is the directing and coordinating authority for health within the United Nations system. It is responsible for providing leadership on global health matters, shaping the health research agenda, setting norms and standards, articulating evidence-based policy options, providing technical support to countries and monitoring and assessing health trends.
The following positions are available at World Health Organization. Explore for your position of choice and then apply according to the information provided.
Job ID: 2001505
Grade: No grade
Contract duration: 30 days
Contractual Arrangement: Individual service contractor
- To support the National Health Insurance Scheme in the Design of the Health Insurance Under One Roof Framework towards achievement of UHC in Nigeria.
- The NHIS is established by ACT 35 of 1999 (CAP N42, LFN 2004) and saddled with the responsibility of providing health insurance coverage for all Nigerians and all legal residents. The NHIS commenced operations in 2009 and has had single-digit coverage due to challenges which include; constitutional, operational difficulties and failure of states to buy-in.
- In order to encourage the states to buy-in into health insurance in the nation’s quest for Universal Health Coverage (UHC), NHIS decentralized the implementation of Health Insurance to the states in 2015. As a result of this strategic move, 34 States have already established functional health insurance and complementary schemes and are at different levels in the process of the implementation.
- Although the decentralization of health insurance was kick-started by the NHIS with support from key stakeholders, domestication was done by the states to fit their local peculiarities. This domestication which aligns with state priorities has resulted in variations in the design and operational modalities of the various schemes. There is a need to provide a common mechanism for coordinating and integrating these states schemes for efficiency and synergy while ensuring risk equalization across State pools.
- This makes a case for the health insurance under one roof, which is an innovative approach for effective coordination within the health insurance space in Nigeria. This is to avoid duplication of efforts, streamline the roles of NHIS and respective SSHIAs, ensure risk equalization across State pools, while delineating the functions of other stakeholders including the private sector towards population coverage on basic minimum package of health services.
- In light of the above, the NHIS has requested WHO to provide technical assistance towards achieving the above.
Scope of work
The Consultant will report to the Health Economist in WHO Nigeria. S/He will support the NHIS and SSHIS directly and in addition hold regular consultations with the relevant national and State institutions and key stakeholders. The consultant is expected to:
- Provide technical support to the NHIS in the development and expansion of the concept of HIUOR
- Conduct desk review and articulate relevant resource materials on the subject matter including good practices from other countries.
- Support stakeholder consultations and workshops for consensus building on HIUOR
- Work with NHIS and relevant stakeholders to recommend strategies to overcome identified potential challenges in operationalizing HIUOR Blueprint
- Ensure that the Blueprint contains a template for financial and operational integration for health insurance in Nigeria
- Support production of draft HIUOR policy document for dissemination to the States
- Articulate the resolutions arising from stakeholder consultations and desk into a single stakeholder owned blueprint for Health Insurance Under One Roof
- Provide support using a template for unity of command and direction for all actors involved in health insurance implementation in Nigeria
- Successful workshop (s) with the participation of relevant stakeholders
- Framework for coordination of all health insurance initiatives developed by consensus
- A set of indicators for the performance of NHIS and all SSHIA.
- Draft HIUOR National Policy document.
Required Skills, Qualifications, and Experience of Consultant
- Advanced University degree (preferably PhD) in Medicine or related fields, Health Financing / Economics, Public Health, Social Sciences or Economics.
- ICT Proficiency
- Demonstrated ability to provide sound methodological and technical advice and guidance to government and multiple stakeholders and partners in Nigeria
- Demonstrated ability to innovate, integrate, synthesize and communicate complex concepts and ideas verbally and in writing.
- At least 10 years’ experience and technical expertise in Health Financing, Public Health, Health Systems, Public Finance Management, health policy and strategy development, Strategic planning, monitoring and evaluating health systems
- Extensive Knowledge of Nigeria’s health system and health financing landscape including health insurance
- Performance of similar assignment with WHO will be an advantage.
Financial Implication of the Agreement
- If approved, the total contract value for this Agreement is N2, 500, 000 (Two million, five hundred naira only) which is a lump sum for the work to be carried out by the expert.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 9th April, 2020.
Important Notice: Please note that the deadline for receipt of applications indicated above reflects your personal device’s system settings
Things to Note Before Applying:
To apply for the World Health Organization Recruitment 2020. Below is what you need to know:
- We publish on this page, the latest World Health Organization Recruitment updates and each position published includes its a requirement, qualification, application form, and other vital information to help you understand the recruitment process and apply cordially.
- Make sure you confirm the deadline of any advertised position before submitting an application.
- Make sure you meet all minimum World Health Organization Recruitment requirements and possess any required document before submitting an application.
- Follow the details on each individual position to apply.
Other Hot Recruitment in Nigeria
|Nigerian Army Recruitment 2019||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Navy Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Air Force Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Nigerian Police Recruitment||2020/2021|
|Custom Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Fire Service Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Civil Defence Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Nigerian Ports Authority Recruitment||2019/2020|
|Why Seviportal for World Health Organization Recruitment 2020 Free Job Alert?|
|Seviportal is the one-stop place for World Health Organization Recruitment notification across various sectors and industries within Nigeria. Seviportal ensures that all Jobs get notified to all our visitors. We ensure that none of the Jobs gets missed out on our website. We help both fresher and experienced graduates to get recruitment notification on recent World Health Organization Recruitment 2020 openings across Nigeria.|
|World Health Organization Recruitment States in Nigeria?|
|World Health Organization Recruits across the 36 states in Nigeria. This include World Health Organization recruitment in Abia, Adamawa, Akwa Ibom State, Anambra, Bauchi, Bayelsa, Benue, Borno, Cross River, Delta, Ebonyi, Edo, Ekiti State, Enugu State, Gombe State, Imo State, Jigawa, Kaduna, Kano, Katsina, Kebbi, Kogi, Kwara, Lagos, Nasarawa, Niger, Ogun, Ondo, Osun, Oyo, Plateau, Rivers, Sokoto, Taraba, Yobe, Zamfara. Though World Health Organization may accept recruitment application nationwide, don’t miss the point that some vacancy positions may require relocation to their designated state of operation.|
Recent Jobs Updates
|Latest Recruitment||Last Update||Deadline|
|Society for Family Health (SFH) Recruitment 2019/2020||June 1, 2020||11th June, 2020|
|United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Recruitment 2019/2020||June 1, 2020||11th June, 2020|
|Nigerian Stock Exchange Recruitment 2019/2020||June 1, 2020||10th June, 2020|
|Awka Millennium City Recruitment 2019/2020||May 29, 2020||12th June, 2020|
|Lagos State University (LASU) Recruitment 2019/2020||May 29, 2020||9th July, 2020|
|Union Bank of Nigeria Plc Recruitment 2019/2020||May 28, 2020||29th May, 2020|
If you have any question or correction regarding this post, kindly Drop a Comment below and we will respond to it as soon as possible. Don’t forget to subscribe to get the latest updates.
Am sure this post helps you with what you needed about the World Health Organization Recruitment 2020. Please help others by sharing this post on any social media.
Share this post with your Friends: